Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 PM

107 posts, read 194,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4life View Post
Ha..I'm from Illinois and miss the snow but not the wind/cold!! Fell for ya!
what part of Illinois? I was born and raised on the north side of chicago..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 11:00 PM

15 posts, read 24,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMAN View Post
Congrats! Can you please tell me what your timeline was?
Like what day you did Day 1 assessment, Day 2 at the plant, etc.,?
Those of us that are patiently (well maybe not so patiently ) waiting would appreciate the info!
Thanks in advance!

application date = august 26
day 1 test= sometime in sept. not sure
day 2 =oct
interview= dec 11 or a date near it
and physical= jan 18
start date=feb 14

Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 PM

15 posts, read 24,823 times
ok now has anyone found any reliable internet source for apartments in tupelo?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:21 AM

51 posts, read 109,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaboi20 View Post
ok now has anyone found any reliable internet source for apartments in tupelo?
I've been looking. I found this website
Rental Apartments Houses in Tupelo, Mississippi
Have not checked on any of them though.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 AM

47 posts, read 79,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawells View Post
what part of Illinois? I was born and raised on the north side of chicago..
I've been in northern IL all of my life until Aug. 2010. Just west of Chicago in Roscoe/Rockton area and also Winnebago. Moved down here partly in hopes of getting into Toyota!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM

55 posts, read 109,321 times
Quote:
I've been in northern IL all of my life until Aug. 2010. Just west of Chicago in Roscoe/Rockton area and also Winnebago. Moved down here partly in hopes of getting into Toyota!
Now you are in Corinth. Man what a place to live that is where I was raised and have NO desire to go back. Hope you enjoy it there.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 AM

142 posts, read 260,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by san-stitch View Post
Now you are in Corinth. Man what a place to live that is where I was raised and have NO desire to go back. Hope you enjoy it there.

I hope we all get into Toyota but it seems like the process is still a long way from being finished can anyone shed any light on this...Do they actually send out letters of rejection or not?

Toyota is the place for me I hope with all my heart...

Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM

107 posts, read 194,362 times
Quote:
Ive lived here since 2007 I live in tishomingo in the country I moved from maryland between baltimore and DC lived there for 8 years before that chicago.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 AM

41 posts, read 92,705 times
Just to let everyone know... even though folks get hired historically alot quit after the first little while. They either can't handle factory work because they have not done it before (alot say they had hard work before but still can't handle the pace) or they are not following procedures correctly. Not to put a damper on things but with the start up of any new plant or shift and a hiring of 1000 people or more 200-300 have quit or been let go. So the hiring of 2000 could be a hiring of 2300-2500, before it is all said and done.

Remember factory work is not for everyone and because you have worhed in a factory before it is not the same type of work.. Toyota is big on MUDA (waste)

Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 AM

142 posts, read 260,545 times
Default Employment

Quote:
Originally Posted by washes View Post
Just to let everyone know... even though folks get hired historically alot quit after the first little while. They either can't handle factory work because they have not done it before (alot say they had hard work before but still can't handle the pace) or they are not following procedures correctly. Not to put a damper on things but with the start up of any new plant or shift and a hiring of 1000 people or more 200-300 have quit or been let go. So the hiring of 2000 could be a hiring of 2300-2500, before it is all said and done.

Remember factory work is not for everyone and because you have worhed in a factory before it is not the same type of work.. Toyota is big on MUDA (waste)

Washes I agree that there will be people quitting and let go as you mentioned but since the economy is in such a slump I think people will try to hold on to whatever job they have and Toyota is where everyone is trying to get...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi