Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 03:41 PM

47 posts, read 79,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4hammys View Post
Thanks! it's warming up a bit. Where from in IL? I am on the WI/IL border! well 10 miles from it anyway. I have moved before, I don't miss snow! I hate the yuky roads.

I guess I'm from where you ARE! Grew up mostly in South Beloit and then spent a lot of time in Roscoe/Rockton area, then moved to Winnebago. I miss it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM

116 posts, read 208,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4hammys View Post
Thanks! it's warming up a bit. Where from in IL? I am on the WI/IL border! well 10 miles from it anyway. I have moved before, I don't miss snow! I hate the yuky roads.

If mother nature lines up right we're expecting 7-12 inches of snow right here in Northwest Alabama starting Tue. afternoon. I don't think Tupelo area is supposed to get it. We don't need hiring process to slow down!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 45,648 times
Default Good Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawii View Post
Nissan in Canton,MS had 5,000 jobs open and 578,000 applicants applied. Toyota has 1,500 jobs and 23,000 applicants. So, if you have made it to the interview, drug test, and background process your in the door. Unless you have a very DARK HISTORY UNTOLD, THEY WILL FIND OUT, TRUST ME. There are people trying to pass the 1st computer test @ home and can not get pass that part. Please stop worrying and relax. People are failing their drug test left and right, and their employment history is not adding up. By the end of March everyone should have received their job offer. So keep your jobs you currently have and wait on Toyota to call you. DO NOT COUNT YOUR EGGS BEFORE THEIR ARE HATCH. Applicants with higher scores and higher education such as degrees will be call and offer a job first. Those seeking a job @ TOYOTA make sure you know your MATH and able to solve problems.

I only completed my application on Jan 5th. I'm currently a elementary teacher but because of my husband and other applicants have told to about the types of math questions being asked (%, etc..) I have been brushing up on my math to be ready to take the computer assessment. Good info!

My husband completed his interview on Dec. 9th and his background check was complete a week later. He's still waiting on a call back.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM

201 posts, read 385,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissFan View Post
I can't wait to walk in the front door on Feb. 28 I have been with the same company for 15 years but I'm giving it all up for 30 years at Toyota!
I too start on the 28th. Glad your onboard.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 PM

12 posts, read 20,969 times
Garmon 1966 I start on the 28th to

Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 PM

16 posts, read 25,165 times
Hey guys! Determination is a mindset. Don't let no one tell you what you can or can't do. Those of you that will become part of the Toyota family will love it.

Hey Washes, I'm not stepping on anybody's feet, but check this.

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
-Abraham Lincoln

Definition Of The Quote

The possibility of failure exists in every situation. Never allow this to prevent you from attempting something you truly believe in.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:39 PM

16 posts, read 25,165 times
My family fights for one thing, and that's; "Mankind of unity and support, no matter the religion, sex, or creed." I didn't get the house that I wanted,but God has something better for my family. He hasn't brought me this far for me to give up now. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 PM

17 posts, read 34,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrineha View Post
I only completed my application on Jan 5th. I'm currently a elementary teacher but because of my husband and other applicants have told to about the types of math questions being asked (%, etc..) I have been brushing up on my math to be ready to take the computer assessment. Good info!

My husband completed his interview on Dec. 9th and his background check was complete a week later. He's still waiting on a call back.
Hey Pjrineha, just keep the testing simple, I mean very simple. Ask your husband to assist you with some of these problems, or get on the internet google basic math questions. You can also go to books a million and find some helpful books. Read every question slowly and take your time. This whole computer test is about how many you answer right and not speed or how fast you finish a section of the test. Take your time, and have a open mind.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 AM

172 posts, read 329,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
If mother nature lines up right we're expecting 7-12 inches of snow right here in Northwest Alabama starting Tue. afternoon. I don't think Tupelo area is supposed to get it. We don't need hiring process to slow down!
right you are miss job! I hope the south don't get it too bad! Folks that aren't used to driving in bad weather, and then people bein in a hurry. YIKES> My hubs is a truck driver, and it is scary when bad weather hits down there. Not him, but us 4 wheelers!! LOL. I hope u don't get it bad. Take care!!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:57 AM

15 posts, read 24,774 times
i know living arrangements are going to be crazy! 2000 people just pops up in toen overnight!! i hope tupelo is ready for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi