U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM

17 posts, read 26,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawii View Post
I trurly believe, if you are not contacted by the end of March, with a start date, your are out of the running for a job @ toyota. Now, I could be wrong, just my personal opinion, and not to sound negative. So stay hopeful. I'm in the same boat as you all.
That is not true! They will calling past the start production date which is Oct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 AM

47 posts, read 70,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawii View Post
I trurly believe, if you are not contacted by the end of March, with a start date, your are out of the running for a job @ toyota. Now, I could be wrong, just my personal opinion, and not to sound negative. So stay hopeful. I'm in the same boat as you all.
You really think they are going to hire 1500-1750 people within 1 month and 3 weeks? At only 15-20 physicals performed it is impossible. With startup not being until Oct., or so, they will be hiring the best people they can find up until then, not to mention there will be people that back out or decide to go elsewhere by then. They re just scratching the surface in my opinion. Toyota want people that will stay with them so they will take their time to find the right people.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 8,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
I used to work for Toyota. Just got rehired.
How often does Toyota give bonuses? When is the first raise given? Is the actual work as difficult as the work simulation? Is it worth $15 an hour?
Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM

222 posts, read 328,172 times
Hello fellow team members. I'm new to this forum and have been reading many post since day one. I think this is a wonderful site to encourage, inform and meet new people from all walks of life. I'm from Flint, Michigan and my husband and I both received an invite to participate in phase 2 of the hiring process which is the computer test and the simulation work day. Because we are from out of town we were told they are scheduling all out of town people for day1 and day2 together. Many of you have given me the tools I need to prepare me for what they are looking for and I appreciate it. I am a firm believer in ..If its for you Bill Gates and all his money can't buy it. Don't let the negative comments sway you. Stand strong on your beliefs that you are favored. However, I would like to know have anyone else from out of state heard the same thing?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 AM

17 posts, read 30,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovest7 View Post
That is not true! They will calling past the start production date which is Oct.
ok, we must stay postive!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 AM

17 posts, read 30,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4life View Post
You really think they are going to hire 1500-1750 people within 1 month and 3 weeks? At only 15-20 physicals performed it is impossible. With startup not being until Oct., or so, they will be hiring the best people they can find up until then, not to mention there will be people that back out or decide to go elsewhere by then. They re just scratching the surface in my opinion. Toyota want people that will stay with them so they will take their time to find the right people.
ok, guys I will see you toyota soon. I will not forget you all. Once we all @ the plant, we can laugh about the race to the finish line.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 AM

116 posts, read 186,063 times
Got my final Call last night at 7pm. Start on Feb 28th. Really excited but really nervous.
Question: Have yall thought about how we are going to know each other when we get there!? LOL
I mean are we gonna wear a name tag that says "Hi my name is Ms Teacher"

Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM

201 posts, read 344,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Teacher View Post
Got my final Call last night at 7pm. Start on Feb 28th. Really excited but really nervous.
Question: Have yall thought about how we are going to know each other when we get there!? LOL
I mean are we gonna wear a name tag that says "Hi my name is Ms Teacher"
That's great to hear. We can wear our forum names on our name tags like you said, lol. We'll figure out who's who.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM

201 posts, read 344,800 times
It seems a lot of people are getting discouraged, but like several on here have said, they have just really gotten started hiring. My wife just took her Day 1 testing and I have already been hired and we both applied back in early October so you can see the difference in time frames for us. She is just getting started and probably won't get hired until near summer with this long process we all are or have gone through. So hang in there and be patient, as hard as it is, and it will prevail for all.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

82 posts, read 153,197 times
Okay all, contingent job offer for March 14, but I have a question for those that have been hired. Did you all receive a separate phone call for physical appt.? Husband spoke with Toyota rep. yesterday morning, with all the info. that was given during conversation he couldn't remember if he was supposed to call to make appt. or wait 2 days to be called. He was given 2 separate phone numbers to call,one for any changes in health after physical and one other to call to make appt. if we don't receive a call first. Was this everyone else's experience as well? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or