Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 AM

22 posts, read 36,130 times

Advertisements

So if mine says it's still being reviewed then does that mean I am still in it I'm just worried because I had my interview Jan 27 but never received an email saying my background had started I'm applying for production team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM

43 posts, read 89,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob99 View Post
So if mine says it's still being reviewed then does that mean I am still in it I'm just worried because I had my interview Jan 27 but never received an email saying my background had started I'm applying for production team

I feel the same way, my interview was on Jan. 5, but I never received an email regarding to a background check

Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 11,432 times
Did yall write down your email address on that background form?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 PM

41 posts, read 79,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.jen View Post
Can anyone tell me what I should expect for The Day 2 Work simulation phase? It will be greatly appreciated.
I completed day two. The physical assessment consisted of three exercises consisting of around 1 hour 15 minutes each:

1) first excercise involved moving weights from one rack to another.(10 pound and 25 pound plate weights). The computer monitor will tell you what weights to move, self explanatory. This was by far the hardest of the three for me. Mentally it was easy but very physical. I AM SO SORE!!! The key to this exercise is to squat and not bend over using your back. Work at a very brisk pace without running. Out of the 5 people that were also doing this exercise, I think I was actually the only person to truly squat using my legs and not my back. Also be advised that there are small cameras at each station recording each individual as they do each excercise. This is supposed to simulate installing disc rotors from what i understand. While doing the exercise, you cannot step out of the work area which is painted with yellow paint. Also there is a safety square which you will stand in, before the exercise and after the exercise. After you finish your computer monitor will tell you, "the exercise is complete-please stand in safety square until notified". There was only two out of five in our group, that stayed in the square until we were acknowleged to sit down by testing personnel. Everyone else decided to go and sit down on their own. Just remember that you are being tested to see if you can follow directions. Don't do things your way or they will notice. If done correctly, you will actually want to die a quick death, so the pain will end. lol. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! YOU CAN FINISH IT!!!
2)second exercise consisted of a spot weld simulation. The computer Monitor tells you what to do. This was by far the easiest for me. Not hard at all. (So easy a caveman could do it)
3)third exercise consisted of installing wiring harnesses, there are two, one black and one white. Each ends have 5 wires labelled A,B,C,D and E on one end, and the other end is labelled F,G,H,I and J. The computer will tell you what to connect in the car and to what receptacle, pretty easy. You will also remove and install bolts from the front of the vehicle with an air ratchet, in four areas labelled W,X,Y and Z. This is veryeasy as well. Just keep close attention to the monitor and be sure to not miss a step.

There is a group exercise at the end also. Just be sure to be involved and show team work and leadership ability. Listen to others opinion while also interjecting your own opinion. This was really a very fun activity and is very easy as well.

Just remember that on some of the exercises, you won't understand why they are asking you to do things a certain way. Throw all reasoning out the window. Do what is asked of you, and you will be fine. Go have fun!!

Last edited by vince71; 02-16-2011 at 01:56 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM

22 posts, read 36,130 times
Yes I wrote my email on two forms I think

Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM

82 posts, read 170,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.jen View Post
Can anyone tell me what I should expect for The Day 2 Work simulation phase? It will be greatly appreciated.
Toyota culture: the heart and soul ... - Google Books
This link should be a great help to everyone for Day 1, Day 2, and interview. Just scroll down through the search result pages and you should find what you are looking for. This also includes pics of Day 2 testing. There is also a graphic to give an approximate idea of how many people make it through each step of the entire process. Now, keep in mind that these numbers represent what happened at the Georgetown, KY plant. The numbers for MS will be alot less. 142,000 apps. for KY, I believe around 28,000? for MS. So, just figure in percentages for an approximate idea.

You can also do searches within this forum, everything that you will need to know has been discussed at some point or another since October. It just might take a minute or five to find it!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM

82 posts, read 170,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob99 View Post
Yes I wrote my email on two forms I think
Hey Goob! There are some people who have been hired already that never received word of a background check being started or ending. Pretty sure I read that from someone.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:48 PM

15 posts, read 25,042 times
Hey ya'll first post here, just letting all know my experience so far. Initial app was in dec. First day testing feb.9th. Got email feb.15th, sayin been selected for 9 hour work simulation. I do it on 28th. I was surprised how fast I got email for phase 2 work simulation.. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Last edited by bozotheclown; 02-16-2011 at 04:08 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM

107 posts, read 194,381 times
Seems like alot of peps are gettin the rejection info 2day.Wish all the best 4 all, My wife did but Im still hangin on.

Last edited by gawells; 02-16-2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

107 posts, read 194,381 times
Kind of got slow on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi