Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 AM

82 posts, read 204,187 times

Advertisements

I am 20 but there are people that were hired with me 50 or older there hiring process is very fair ther tests and how well your interview goes is the deciding factor Good luck to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 AM

107 posts, read 194,373 times
Im also in my mid 40s and I have a potential hire date of may 2nd still have to go for physical.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM

10 posts, read 18,537 times
Age is certainly not a factor in the hiring process nor do I believe is manufacturing experience. I am in my early fifties and was hired for a team leader position. I do not have any experience in manufacturing but have had a career in education. As had been mentioned earlier in several posts, it is a process of finding the right matches in physical / mental abilities and other traits that put together the best team. I guess that's why so much of the assessents deal with how you respond to different scenarios as well as the physical requirements. I certainly sympathize with those who have recently received letters especially after having gone as far as some have. I wsh the best for everyone.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:02 PM

19 posts, read 33,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by washes View Post
Sorry MSMAN about your letter, but its not really true about the age thing. First you have to worry about Discrimination and you also don't want all your work force retirng at the same time.

I have seen groups hire with a wid rage of ages from 21-49. They do want to have a mix as they can't have 400-500 people retiring at the same time. This does not work well in any production facility.

In the last hire hear 2 of the 10 going through were 46-50 3 were 36-42 and the rest in their twentys
Washes, I probably should have stated that I believe that your ODDS of being hired decrease with age. I have talked to several who have been hired and rejected, and it seems that your odds of being rejected increase with age, no matter what your prior experience. This could be due to the physicality of the job, failing the company physical, or maybe due to the fact that it costs a lot of money to train an employee, and logic says that an older employee won't have as many years to be employed. By your own stats that you list above on the last 10 going through the following is true:

1. 50 percent (5) were in their 20's
2. 30 percent (3) were 36-42
3. 20 percent (2) were 46-50
You don't mention anyone over 50, so I assume their was none in this specific group.

I knew it was a long shot when I applied, as I am over 60. I spent 28 years with my first career and can tell you that it is definitely harder to get any job once you reach a certain age, no matter your skills. I believe it just wasn't meant to be for me, so I wish other applicants the best!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 AM

41 posts, read 66,120 times
Is there anyway I can get around from talking to someone from the assessment center and talk to someone from Toyota? I have application problem I need to ask them.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM

55 posts, read 109,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny00g View Post
I am 20 but there are people that were hired with me 50 or older there hiring process is very fair ther tests and how well your interview goes is the deciding factor Good luck to all

So when they tell you after the interview and the role play that you did extremely well in all areas and you are very physically fit, just take it with a grain of salt. I also wonder since this letter was for the team member position that was rejected could it be that since he went in and they had marked the team leader on his paper that he could possibly still be waiting.

I also know some people that have called and they told them yes there start date was ????. and they haven't even taken the physical or gotten a phone call about taking it.

I just hate that we were told if you make it thru the interview and all that you were definitely in the waiting for a date. Oh well. God must need him elsewhere.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
Have been keeping up with this thread for a while, decided to sign up and post today. I had applied for 2 different skilled maintenance positions, signed and returned my final offer letter 2/10 for a start date of 3/21. This past saturday 2/19 I recieced a rejection letter. I called today to make sure I am still sceduled to start 3/21 and was told that when they remove your name from any position you have applied for you would get the letter. Maybe this will help some of you out. So I will be starting 3/21 as a skilled team member. I am pretty nervous about this change since i have been in my current job for 11 years, but this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I hope this post has been helpful and I look forward to meeting everyone on 3/21.
God Bless All

Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM

36 posts, read 63,543 times
I went and bought a new Corolla Saturday to drive to work and I was happy to see the number of people buying new Toyota cars......the dealership was covered up!!!! I have never waited 15-20 minutes for a salesman!!! I looked at my wife and said.....JOB SERCURITY!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 PM

107 posts, read 194,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissFan View Post
I went and bought a new Corolla Saturday to drive to work and I was happy to see the number of people buying new Toyota cars......the dealership was covered up!!!! I have never waited 15-20 minutes for a salesman!!! I looked at my wife and said.....JOB SERCURITY!!!!!!!!
Did you get some kind of employee assis?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM

18 posts, read 29,812 times
Ok yall i went to check on my status on the website They have added team leader to my positon and my interview tomorrow is at 9:00 wish me luck!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi