U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM

107 posts, read 173,305 times

Advertisements

I had a question for anyone who can answer please. do you get fitted for uniforms the first week?Im not sure but I think thats what they told me also for steel toe shoes and gogles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM

28 posts, read 48,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawells View Post
I had a question for anyone who can answer please. do you get fitted for uniforms the first week?Im not sure but I think thats what they told me also for steel toe shoes and gogles.
Yes, they have a uniform shop and you will be fitted the first week. You will get a set amount to purchase uniforms, steel toe boots and safety glasses. It will take around a month to receive the shirt and pants because they are personalized with your name. The boots you get that day and you will need your eye prescription for the safety glasses which will take around a month to receive also. If you don't have a current eye prescription then wait on getting one because your insurance kicks in the first week you start and will cover it.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM

107 posts, read 173,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
Yes, they have a uniform shop and you will be fitted the first week. You will get a set amount to purchase uniforms, steel toe boots and safety glasses. It will take around a month to receive the shirt and pants because they are personalized with your name. The boots you get that day and you will need your eye prescription for the safety glasses which will take around a month to receive also. If you don't have a current eye prescription then wait on getting one because your insurance kicks in the first week you start and will cover it.
Thanks so much for the info .I just want to ask another thing is it what we all thought it would be out there cause I just got a really good job that pays much better think its worth the chance? It will be latter anyway.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 AM

56 posts, read 78,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Faithful View Post
nomadslove....WoW!!! Sorry if you were offended. I've seen questions on this forum answered multiple times. I didn't mean to make you think in any way that you were a drug user. If you look at my post I didn't say YOU were using drugs , If I'm not mistaken you asked a question to no particular person , You specifically said "if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it". As far as my ranting. There is freedom of speech. But again SORRY if you were offended.....Now I see why Toyota asks so many behavioral questions!!!!!
I am not offended Sir/ Madam. I think you are over reacting to the simple question that was asked, so yeah, I'm glad they do behavioral testing. Oh and I have been through all steps except the interview, but rest assured I will nail that too. As far as me saying "if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it", you didn't help me out. You went on a rant and used the word "you" quiet a bit. Maybe "you" should go back and read your post. If you weren't directing drug use toward me, then perhaps you should have chosen your words more carefully. When referring to no one in particular, the word "one" should be used. Its basic English really. You go ahead and practice your freedom of speech, but I will not correspond with you anymore. You are not helpful, and you only want to argue. Good luck to you with your Toyota endeavors.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM

41 posts, read 59,246 times
Just let you know an attitude like that will get you no where with Toyota.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 AM

116 posts, read 186,185 times
Wow! Im really missing the "good ole days" on the forum The positive people on here really helped me stay on track during this crazy process.
KennyG, Daltrey, Garmon, Toyota4life,4hams : miss hearing from yall. Cant wait to meet yall Seems like a good time to bow out of forum. Good luck to all of you. Dont get wrapped up in negativity. Life is tooo short.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 AM

17 posts, read 31,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atpeace2 View Post
The urine test is mostly for more recent drug use around a month or so and the hair folicle test ( which is cut not pulled lol) goes back for months> Most companies go back 6 or 7 months but it is accurate further back to my understanding
They do not take lumps of hair from one spot. They can detect drug usage from as far back as 5 yrs with a hair sample. People do not realize that a drug can stay in your body that long, but it can. However, most companies will not spend that type of money to trace that far back. Most only trace as far back as a year or two.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM

222 posts, read 328,349 times
nomadslove,,,, Good luck to you also. I didn't join this forum to have confrontation with anyone. Everyone on here is waiting in anticipation of the call they have been waiting for and to inform, encourage and uplift each person they come in contact with. If I said something to you, which evidently I did to offend you again I am so sorry. Im staying positive and keeping negativity away. Im sorry if you are not corresponding with me again, but I don't turn my back on people because of misunderstanding. You be blessed in your interview and I hope you do nail it.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 AM

41 posts, read 59,246 times
Just never alienate yourself with someone with Toyota. It is frowned on.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:08 AM

222 posts, read 328,349 times
Ucreb....I agree. I never meant to offend anyone in any way. I have always been said to be the peacemaker in situations, so I was confused at what I said that was out of the way or offensive. Maybe I should just bow out of this forum because of the high degree of anxiety from others. I was totally misunderstood. I don't label anyone. I don't know anyone on here other than post back and forward. I have nothing against anyone. I just want to have a peaceful correspondence back and forth between us potential Toyota members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or