U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Phil Campbell, AL
17 posts, read 28,448 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvs View Post
Mine was sheduled at 7:50 also, I was the only female in that group. I think we all were sitting in the waiting area. We had to wait for a while for the people who done our drug test. Were you the one that was saying get ready for a hair cut, but they shaved your leg.
Haha no that wasn't me. I was the one with longer hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2011, 06:22 PM
 
222 posts, read 328,828 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB075 View Post
I took the assessment on Oct. 9th, over 5 weeks ago. Have not received any info as to whether I passed. Online WING acct still indicates "Application pending". I'm as patient as possible, but some type of news would be nice. Not sure if I should expect a phone call (hopefully leaving a msg) or an e-mail for the scheduling of the simulation.
I really don't think people are stressing but just like you saidwe are "being as patient as possible but hoping for some type of news." I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean, but I think this forum is for everyone to voice their opinions and to compare information.I really think sometimes to just express yourself in post is giving some hope that their process is no different than others. I really appreciate the post that are giving information as to their process and timelines. I think we are all in the same boat and welcome any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
 
241 posts, read 359,061 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Faithful View Post
I really don't think people are stressing but just like you saidwe are "being as patient as possible but hoping for some type of news." I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean, but I think this forum is for everyone to voice their opinions and to compare information.I really think sometimes to just express yourself in post is giving some hope that their process is no different than others. I really appreciate the post that are giving information as to their process and timelines. I think we are all in the same boat and welcome any information.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I look at this forum as a encouragement and after I see someone going through the same as me, I get a little peace of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Tupelo
146 posts, read 216,284 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvs View Post
Mine was sheduled at 7:50 also, I was the only female in that group. I think we all were sitting in the waiting area. We had to wait for a while for the people who done our drug test. Were you the one that was saying get ready for a hair cut, but they shaved your leg.
That is funny...But what if you wax, then what? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Starkville, MS
49 posts, read 67,555 times
Reputation: 16
I have confidence in myself as a valued employable individual. Since Toyota went so far as to interview me then they must have thought the same thing. If at that point something I said or did ended my chances of employment then it wasn't part of my fate. I won't put all my eggs in one basket but will continue to hope an offer will come my way until I hear from them telling me otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
 
241 posts, read 359,061 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
That is funny...But what if you wax, then what? LOL
haha I don't know??? I would love to the the nurses face when you tell her that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
 
241 posts, read 359,061 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh39759 View Post
I have confidence in myself as a valued employable individual. Since Toyota went so far as to interview me then they must have thought the same thing. If at that point something I said or did ended my chances of employment then it wasn't part of my fate. I won't put all my eggs in one basket but will continue to hope an offer will come my way until I hear from them telling me otherwise.
I agree!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
 
15 posts, read 22,374 times
Reputation: 16
Eveyone on here should feel free to voice ther opinion, regardless of what others think. Some people stress over things that others don't, we are all different. Not everyone falls in a bucket of shi..... And comes out smelling like a rose. Eveyone on here has worked hard in there life and hoping for this great opportunity. So if you already got the job then thats great, all power to you, you earned it, your in the door. Keep encouraging the ones that arent. There will be people on here that will make u feel like there is no chance for you, but there wrong. You have as much of a chance as anyone on here. Not everyone has a fulltime job at this time, like some on here, and can kick back and say "oh just let it take its course, dont rush it, or just relax". Well some folks can barely feed there family and this job is all they think about getting, they cant help but worry. Just remember we are not all wearing the same shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Tupelo
7 posts, read 10,299 times
Reputation: 12
Default Employee

I work for Toyota. From what I have seen, they are hiring Team Leaders, muti-skill ppl and management right now. They are hiring some team members now but from what I have been told and seen.... Most of the team member hiring is going to take place July-sept. I believe alot of people are making it throught the interview process and are on hold till the start of that major team member hiring.

So in short, don't give up! I think alot of ppl are already hired but they can't tell you that until they are ready to bring you on board. If I had to guess at a number, I would say they only have 30% hired of what they need before production starts up.

IMHO I believe the wait will be worth it no matter what position you get. I truly believe this is going to be the best job(and last job) of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Starkville, MS
49 posts, read 67,555 times
Reputation: 16
Please vent if you have to but give some thought to the possibility that if you make it a weekly practice to call about your status you could very well be shooting yourself in the foot. I have been a hiring manager and one phone call to check with me after the interview is all I allowed. Otherwise, red flags went up as to the person being someone who could be difficult to work with when things didn't suit them or they would be one to always second guess their abilities. Confidence is what an employer wants in their people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top