U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 PM

241 posts, read 358,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya99 View Post
I work for Toyota. From what I have seen, they are hiring Team Leaders, muti-skill ppl and management right now. They are hiring some team members now but from what I have been told and seen.... Most of the team member hiring is going to take place July-sept. I believe alot of people are making it throught the interview process and are on hold till the start of that major team member hiring.

So in short, don't give up! I think alot of ppl are already hired but they can't tell you that until they are ready to bring you on board. If I had to guess at a number, I would say they only have 30% hired of what they need before production starts up.

IMHO I believe the wait will be worth it no matter what position you get. I truly believe this is going to be the best job(and last job) of my life.
Thank you for the info, it's nice to hear from someone who has had it. Please keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 PM

88 posts, read 134,310 times
Hello to all fellow forum members. If you have attained a position with Toyota, Congrats! If you are still in the running for a job with Toyota, dont give up your call will come all in due time! Just try and remain positive. If its meant to be it will happen. After I completed my final interview on 03/29/2011, I spoke with the interviewer and was told it could take not less than a month before you hear any word back for the final physical. She also stated that Toyota had to examine all test reults and see what position you were best qualified to fill and the position you are best suited for. Good luck to all who have applied.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 AM

222 posts, read 328,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozotheclown View Post
Eveyone on here should feel free to voice ther opinion, regardless of what others think. Some people stress over things that others don't, we are all different. Not everyone falls in a bucket of shi..... And comes out smelling like a rose. Eveyone on here has worked hard in there life and hoping for this great opportunity. So if you already got the job then thats great, all power to you, you earned it, your in the door. Keep encouraging the ones that arent. There will be people on here that will make u feel like there is no chance for you, but there wrong. You have as much of a chance as anyone on here. Not everyone has a fulltime job at this time, like some on here, and can kick back and say "oh just let it take its course, dont rush it, or just relax". Well some folks can barely feed there family and this job is all they think about getting, they cant help but worry. Just remember we are not all wearing the same shoes.
Well said!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on View Post
Hello to all fellow forum members. If you have attained a position with Toyota, Congrats! If you are still in the running for a job with Toyota, dont give up your call will come all in due time! Just try and remain positive. If its meant to be it will happen. After I completed my final interview on 03/29/2011, I spoke with the interviewer and was told it could take not less than a month before you hear any word back for the final physical. She also stated that Toyota had to examine all test reults and see what position you were best qualified to fill and the position you are best suited for. Good luck to all who have applied.
Thanks!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:46 AM

36 posts, read 56,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozotheclown View Post
Eveyone on here should feel free to voice ther opinion, regardless of what others think. Some people stress over things that others don't, we are all different. Not everyone falls in a bucket of shi..... And comes out smelling like a rose. Eveyone on here has worked hard in there life and hoping for this great opportunity. So if you already got the job then thats great, all power to you, you earned it, your in the door. Keep encouraging the ones that arent. There will be people on here that will make u feel like there is no chance for you, but there wrong. You have as much of a chance as anyone on here. Not everyone has a fulltime job at this time, like some on here, and can kick back and say "oh just let it take its course, dont rush it, or just relax". Well some folks can barely feed there family and this job is all they think about getting, they cant help but worry. Just remember we are not all wearing the same shoes.
Geez!!....Here we go! I was just trying to be inspirational in some small way...To each his own. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Faithful View Post
I really don't think people are stressing but just like you saidwe are "being as patient as possible but hoping for some type of news." I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean, but I think this forum is for everyone to voice their opinions and to compare information.I really think sometimes to just express yourself in post is giving some hope that their process is no different than others. I really appreciate the post that are giving information as to their process and timelines. I think we are all in the same boat and welcome any information.
Geez!!...He we go! I made a well thought out attempt to give inspiration to those posssibly in need. No matter what one writes, someone will always have an opinion. Good luck to all.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh39759 View Post
Please vent if you have to but give some thought to the possibility that if you make it a weekly practice to call about your status you could very well be shooting yourself in the foot. I have been a hiring manager and one phone call to check with me after the interview is all I allowed. Otherwise, red flags went up as to the person being someone who could be difficult to work with when things didn't suit them or they would be one to always second guess their abilities. Confidence is what an employer wants in their people.
Very well said, indeed...thanks.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB075 View Post
Geez!!...He we go! I made a well thought out attempt to give inspiration to those posssibly in need. No matter what one writes, someone will always have an opinion. Good luck to all.
No reflection on your opinion, just trying to say let everyone voice their concerns, vent, or say what they are feeling. Goodluck to you as well!!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 AM

41 posts, read 71,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on View Post
Hey brother, i'm still waiting to hear from you on my direct line....
Hey, send me a direct message. I need a contact number so I can reach you. I've sent you a direct message with my info. Did you not receive it? I'll be leaving for the Tupelo area on Sat April 9 since I have my interview on the 12th, and would love to meet up with you if you would be available. Let me know

Old 04-07-2011, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,656 times
2Faithful, I sent you a direct message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or