U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 01:44 AM

15 posts, read 25,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
This forum seems to be getting a little out of hand! LOL...So, anyone heard from Toyota yet? lol....I am still waiting and still haven't gotten a rejection letter yet.
A little out of hand is normal on nearly all forums lol (I'm sure you know that lol). Being I'm finishing up with things, computer on, still awake, I noticed your post. Like many I'm sure you would like to see some activity or info or you wouldn't have logged in. I doubt many are up to respond, if you're still online this may be interesting for you. Maybe to others as well.

A bit of what I know outside this forum regarding your question, I know of at least 3 people who've gotten rejection letters within the last 4 weeks, 2 were interviewed prior to you, 1 I think had no interview. If your status has not changed to "thanks but no thanks for now", considering your timing, what's in your profile (of course I'm trusting the info you've put there) your postings etc. I would say you have a better than average chance of getting a call instead of a letter. Actually I would almost go as far as to say it's probably good you already live near the plant. I'm guessing you must have cleared the drug test (there are a lot of false positives that can be caused by OTC meds etc, that doesn't kick someone out of the system right away however or nearly no one would get hired anywhere). If you get a rejection for each position you were considered for, inquire about your background check and drug test results to make sure there were no errors (it's been talked about here as you know). I would actually be a bit surprised if you weren't considered for team leader (again, on what little I know about you here).

Quick, in short, IMHO?: Chance at TL position; I would say you have better than 70% chance of getting (out of remaining applicants). TM I'd say higher; if considered for only one or the other. You're the only one that knows how accurate your info available here is (anything can be said in a profile etc). I have no reason to doubt any of it so that's what I'm going on. This is not taking into account how your interview went (I have no info on that, nor did I take your profile photo into consideration, so no, looks don't play a part).

I hope you don't mind my input. No guarantee of course, just a rough idea of where you probably stand. As they say "YMMV" (your mileage may vary lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 AM

13 posts, read 16,909 times
Hello all, I just checked my status on my MDES account. When i went to the select international site and input my code number it said {Unable to locate data} so what's up with that? Anyone know, Last time it was just being reviewed. BY the way i've had my interview and drug screen already,Back in jan, but no rejection letter. THANKS.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM

13 posts, read 16,909 times
LOL,never mind , must have been a clitch ,but it's still saying being reviewed.lol

Old 06-17-2011, 10:52 AM

146 posts, read 215,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR Oracle View Post
A little out of hand is normal on nearly all forums lol (I'm sure you know that lol). Being I'm finishing up with things, computer on, still awake, I noticed your post. Like many I'm sure you would like to see some activity or info or you wouldn't have logged in. I doubt many are up to respond, if you're still online this may be interesting for you. Maybe to others as well.

A bit of what I know outside this forum regarding your question, I know of at least 3 people who've gotten rejection letters within the last 4 weeks, 2 were interviewed prior to you, 1 I think had no interview. If your status has not changed to "thanks but no thanks for now", considering your timing, what's in your profile (of course I'm trusting the info you've put there) your postings etc. I would say you have a better than average chance of getting a call instead of a letter. Actually I would almost go as far as to say it's probably good you already live near the plant. I'm guessing you must have cleared the drug test (there are a lot of false positives that can be caused by OTC meds etc, that doesn't kick someone out of the system right away however or nearly no one would get hired anywhere). If you get a rejection for each position you were considered for, inquire about your background check and drug test results to make sure there were no errors (it's been talked about here as you know). I would actually be a bit surprised if you weren't considered for team leader (again, on what little I know about you here).

Quick, in short, IMHO?: Chance at TL position; I would say you have better than 70% chance of getting (out of remaining applicants). TM I'd say higher; if considered for only one or the other. You're the only one that knows how accurate your info available here is (anything can be said in a profile etc). I have no reason to doubt any of it so that's what I'm going on. This is not taking into account how your interview went (I have no info on that, nor did I take your profile photo into consideration, so no, looks don't play a part).

I hope you don't mind my input. No guarantee of course, just a rough idea of where you probably stand. As they say "YMMV" (your mileage may vary lol).
When I had my interview on April 20th, the guys that interviewed me told me that I did very well and I have nothing to worry about. That made me have a little sense of relieve. Then a few weeks ago, I requested information about my background and drug test from hireright and when I got that information it said they had no information for me on file. I called and asked them what that meant and she told me that it is a positive thing....She said it means that I passed it.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
When I had my interview on April 20th, the guys that interviewed me told me that I did very well and I have nothing to worry about. That made me have a little sense of relieve. Then a few weeks ago, I requested information about my background and drug test from hireright and when I got that information it said they had no information for me on file. I called and asked them what that meant and she told me that it is a positive thing....She said it means that I passed it.
Relief*

Old 06-17-2011, 12:25 PM

15 posts, read 25,135 times
Thumbs up Sounds good!

Quote:

They (interviewers, all places) usually tell people they did ok or better (don't take that as bad, it's not), how you feel you did in your interview is usually a better gauge, if you felt relaxed\at east\comfortable (for an interview that is), if you feel you answered their questions well, if you asked them a question or two, or more (most people forget to ask questions once they're being interviewed, even if the interviewer asks them if they have any questions), just a few things the person being interviewed can usually sense about how they did. If you left there feeling you did really well, you probably did. All good interviewers know everyone is a bit nervous when being interviewed, they look past slight normal nervousness.

What you found out about the background check and drug test results is very positive, it's what they like to see. History matching what you put on your application or answered, no negatives otherwise, no "bad history" combined with a clean drug test is part of the "faster lane" on the path to a job offer (anywhere). With summer and being a mom, remember to not wear yourself down too much (minimal sleep\rest are important for an accurate physical); we all push ourselves harder for others (esp moms, they wake up and go to bed at work essentially) during nice weather and more family things going on. Just a reminder since I would think it's a bit more likely (after the added info) that you'll get called for a physical. IMHO (again, on what I know from here), if they don't call you, I'd say something messed up along the line somewhere in the system. Even the most perfect candidate for a position can be passed up for unknown reasons. Sometimes, it's simply out of concern that the person will move on to something better because their characteristics are sought after and desired by employers willing to offer them more. They don't always tell that person they're actually seen as "over qualified" however.

I kinda think you may have reason to relax and enjoy the weekend as far as wondering about the job is concerned.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR Oracle View Post
They (interviewers, all places) usually tell people they did ok or better (don't take that as bad, it's not), how you feel you did in your interview is usually a better gauge, if you felt relaxed\at east\comfortable (for an interview that is), if you feel you answered their questions well, if you asked them a question or two, or more (most people forget to ask questions once they're being interviewed, even if the interviewer asks them if they have any questions), just a few things the person being interviewed can usually sense about how they did. If you left there feeling you did really well, you probably did. All good interviewers know everyone is a bit nervous when being interviewed, they look past slight normal nervousness.

What you found out about the background check and drug test results is very positive, it's what they like to see. History matching what you put on your application or answered, no negatives otherwise, no "bad history" combined with a clean drug test is part of the "faster lane" on the path to a job offer (anywhere). With summer and being a mom, remember to not wear yourself down too much (minimal sleep\rest are important for an accurate physical); we all push ourselves harder for others (esp moms, they wake up and go to bed at work essentially) during nice weather and more family things going on. Just a reminder since I would think it's a bit more likely (after the added info) that you'll get called for a physical. IMHO (again, on what I know from here), if they don't call you, I'd say something messed up along the line somewhere in the system. Even the most perfect candidate for a position can be passed up for unknown reasons. Sometimes, it's simply out of concern that the person will move on to something better because their characteristics are sought after and desired by employers willing to offer them more. They don't always tell that person they're actually seen as "over qualified" however.

I kinda think you may have reason to relax and enjoy the weekend as far as wondering about the job is concerned.
After each step of the whole hiring process, I always walked out with a smile on my face cause I knew I passed and I did the same after the interview...I walked out feeling really good about it and so far, the confidence I have had is working. I'm just hoping for a call soon

Old 06-17-2011, 02:38 PM

51 posts, read 82,235 times
I hope you two dont mind me jumping in, but i feel like hot topic and i have a few things in common. I have copleted day1, day 2, interview, written app, team leader computer test, team leader role play, and drug screen. I have only been waiting a short time, but it feels like a year. Lol i hear that i should have been emailed a letter to sign and fax back, giving permision for a bakground chek, but i did not. However i have a close friend who.was hired.in as "Team leader in quality controll in spot welding" and he, as well did not receive that email. So its a confusing process, im learning. Lol. Im 26 and work my rump off everyday on a furniture line. Work and diet dont bother me either...lol. i just want to be part of a company with as many bennefits and possitives as Toyota, and instead of just having a job, having a career with promotions and aknowlagements for job performance.
If either of you have any advice or feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good luck!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylesmom View Post
I hope you two dont mind me jumping in, but i feel like hot topic and i have a few things in common. I have copleted day1, day 2, interview, written app, team leader computer test, team leader role play, and drug screen. I have only been waiting a short time, but it feels like a year. Lol i hear that i should have been emailed a letter to sign and fax back, giving permision for a bakground chek, but i did not. However i have a close friend who.was hired.in as "Team leader in quality controll in spot welding" and he, as well did not receive that email. So its a confusing process, im learning. Lol. Im 26 and work my rump off everyday on a furniture line. Work and diet dont bother me either...lol. i just want to be part of a company with as many bennefits and possitives as Toyota, and instead of just having a job, having a career with promotions and aknowlagements for job performance.
If either of you have any advice or feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good luck!
Yes! Me and you are just alike except I didn't do the Team Leader role play. I applied for the Team member position. They have not e-mailed me either to sign and fax anything in. That kind of makes me wonder a little bit....But the good thing is we have not recieved a rejection letter yet and our status probably is saying the same thing. Mine has been saying "You have completed an application for team member production, schedule yourself for the next steps in the hiring process"......So, I'm thinking, as long as it doesn't say "It may take several months, etc..." We should be good....Good Luck to Us both!!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 PM

51 posts, read 82,235 times
Yes, my status says the same, and when i click on the link to check my ststus on the selectron, it says " your application is currently being reviewed. Please check back later." For my team member spot, and for my team leader satus it says " thank you for particpating in the recruitment process and online application. We ask for your patience while evaluating all eligable applicants. Thank you again for your intrest in tmmms", but no 12 months. Lol. Hopefully we will hear something soon! Have yo heard that they have all team leader spots filled already? My friend told me.(from the previous msg) im not going to be picky. I would just like a job atleast. My friend also menchined that they would begin hiring "assembly" in July, and that they hire by department. So i guess that means that when they start hiring in the dpt that they chose us for, then we should hear from them. Im repeating that from a friwnd on the inside, like I said, just incase it isn't 100%, but he is usually pretty accurate! Good luck to ua both as you said, lol, and i look forward to meeting you when we get HIRED!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or