U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 01:55 AM

15 posts, read 25,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylesmom View Post
Makes sence to me thank you again. I really do appreciate it all. If you dont mind me asking, and u may have already posted the answer in the past, but do you work in this company. I ask this because you seam inteligent and informed on the topics pertaining to Toyota and or hiring processes in general.

Thank you again

I'm actually glad you asked. I don't mind you, or anyone asking. The answer just won't be something anyone might expect. I should actually state it in my profile for anyone curious enough to look. As anyone who may have looked. probably noticed, I have nothing identifiable there at all. It's actually quite blank. For good reason.

I can't answer a question like that and remain able to post freely about information I know and answer questions. And there will be future forums pertaining to all this much later. If anyone ends up joining a future forum I open under this nickname, do not use a nickname (ID) from this, or any other forum. The forum would be anonymous and again, with very good reason. (If interested at any time, that's a hint to anyone reading to keep an eye on this forum later, esp if you get hired).

Before anyone does so, I don't accept friend requests, I wouldn't want it to be held against them somehow by another in the forum or elsewhere. I don't always post what ANY company executives want their possible or current employees talking or even hearing about. It runs along the line of why in management a person can often be fired for simply discussing salary with another employee. That isn't as frowned on at the labor level, though it can be reason for termination at some places.

For anyone with a picture or other identifying information in their profile, I will never come up to you and say something like "oh, btw, I'm HR Oracle" or identify myself as a member of this forum, not even if we were best friends. It would eventually get out and could harm that persons chances of getting hired, or keeping their job if they already had one with a company I posted anything about. I also don't want those same people saying they agree with me on here publicly about some of these issues, just read, don't comment (asking questions about general hiring steps is not a problem, nor is anything else along that line). You can bet your paycheck this forum (as well as others) is monitored by someone that would frown on it.

If you're wondering why I'm doing this, all this typing, a bit of individual Q&A about getting hired etc, all without being paid or anything to gain? Well; Toyota is actually a good company, working for them can be a very good job, and people need jobs badly right now. The answer is mostly explained below for anyone curious thus far. This is to share info, not to get anyone to hate Toyota or not work for them. I would rather people have the chance to know about these issues, and make up their own minds how to perceive them instead of be unaware of the info here (not everyone already knows what's here I'm sure).

You've all no doubt heard or seen the word "kaizen" (continuous improvement).
A word most probably have not heard or read about however, is "Karoshi"
On Wikipedia:
Kar

Don't ever say that word around the plant or anyone associated with Toyota (or any Japanese company) if you wish to work there btw. Those that take the time to read the info in that link will probably understand.

I lost a lot of faith in Akio Toyoda (the CEO of the company) when the company lied about problems with safety (knowingly for years). I never would have expected that from them. He apologized to customers of course (all CEO's apologize after their company is caught in a lie).
He's publicly criticized the company's drive for profits in the last decade. Since when does a CEO "publicly criticize" the company he's in control of other than for PR? They don't, CEO's tend to have the most say, if they want something done differently, they don't publicly criticize the company, they just issue the change.

Everyone feels if they work hard enough, the company will appreciate it, and yes, they tend to. Frankly, they expect workers to feel that way so they do "knock themselves out" to be recognized and appreciated. You've probably seen the Camry Hybrid, it's impressive, the redesign for the 2007 model Camry could not have been better. The man died from ischemic heart disease in January 2006, directly related to overwork... If you've already read the link above, you've already read some about it, and know that death from overwork is common enough in Japan that there is a word for it. That designer worked himself to death and the company didn't want to extend his death benefit to his family, that's how appreciated he, his creativity and hard work actually was. Companies LOVE that kind of worker and that type of work environment and some companies are bringing it, little by little, to America.

No one else that I know of has gone as far as to post this kind of info for others this way. I decided it was time someone did. I hope one day it's seen as helpful by those it's being done for. Even if for now it seems ignorable.

Yes, there will be people that "flame" against this post. There is a lot more reason to be suspicious of those that do that, than there is about what I've posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM

18 posts, read 28,647 times
Has anyone heard anymore news about the plant or why things seems to have come to a complete stop after the interview stage? But maybe it hasnt and people are getting called and are just not on the forum. Just wondering... I was hoping this would be the month for them to start calling with contingent job offers and physical but doesn't seem like it.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

15 posts, read 25,149 times
Default Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.jen View Post
Has anyone heard anymore news about the plant or why things seems to have come to a complete stop after the interview stage? But maybe it hasnt and people are getting called and are just not on the forum. Just wondering... I was hoping this would be the month for them to start calling with contingent job offers and physical but doesn't seem like it.
It's really too bad that after someone has been hired they don't often continue to post to a forum they used to frequent when they were waiting on a job offer (most forums go through that). Sometimes they aren't allowed to really speak much of the workplace once they've been hired so avoid it to avoid risk. Very few people that are waiting for news about working at Toyota are on this forum, other than reading of course.

Remember, the plant will be hiring for months yet. They won't really be rolling the first car off the line til the about fall. They really aren't kidding about that 12 month possible wait thing on the status page (everyone sees that even if they're hired a week after it pops up for them). The place isn't even finished yet really, all of it combined is like a bunch of big recipes, things are added, finished, prepped in a certain way. Every yard of concrete poured, every group of people hired, every light turned on is all done in efficient steps so everything comes together without crashing. Including hiring. There was also the issue of the parts supply line disruption due to the Tsunami which affected every plant, training and the timing in general. They also aren't done with the interview stage, people are being added to the "sort\eval\categorize\correlate" list all the time. Applicant #397 may get called before applicant #56 due to placement. Hope that helps with the frustration a bit.

Or better put: Filling 2 positions for an established facility, out of an applicant list of 300, narrowed to 20 possible, qualified applicants, after testing, interviews etc, can often take over a month. Imagine filling over 2000 positions of several different categories, from over 60 thousand applicants (most kicked out early through testing) down to maybe 10 thousand possibles, while adding applicants to sort and narrow to the list of those qualified, who then need to be further evaluated, sorted etc etc.

Last edited by HR Oracle; 06-20-2011 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: A perspective:

Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 PM

18 posts, read 28,647 times
thanks for the info. It is somewhat fustrating waiting on a call and then everyone has the same default status when they complete the interview that says something about the next step in the hiring process. I figured it would change only if you recieved the rejection status. Really don't know but still hanging in there. If one person posted that they recieved a call for physical I would probably feel better because at least I would know its starting up again but seems everyone after the interview is in a holding position. It will come in due time.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM

51 posts, read 82,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR Oracle View Post
Thank you again

I'm actually glad you asked. I don't mind you, or anyone asking. The answer just won't be something anyone might expect. I should actually state it in my profile for anyone curious enough to look. As anyone who may have looked. probably noticed, I have nothing identifiable there at all. It's actually quite blank. For good reason.

I can't answer a question like that and remain able to post freely about information I know and answer questions. And there will be future forums pertaining to all this much later. If anyone ends up joining a future forum I open under this nickname, do not use a nickname (ID) from this, or any other forum. The forum would be anonymous and again, with very good reason. (If interested at any time, that's a hint to anyone reading to keep an eye on this forum later, esp if you get hired).

Before anyone does so, I don't accept friend requests, I wouldn't want it to be held against them somehow by another in the forum or elsewhere. I don't always post what ANY company executives want their possible or current employees talking or even hearing about. It runs along the line of why in management a person can often be fired for simply discussing salary with another employee. That isn't as frowned on at the labor level, though it can be reason for termination at some places.

For anyone with a picture or other identifying information in their profile, I will never come up to you and say something like "oh, btw, I'm HR Oracle" or identify myself as a member of this forum, not even if we were best friends. It would eventually get out and could harm that persons chances of getting hired, or keeping their job if they already had one with a company I posted anything about. I also don't want those same people saying they agree with me on here publicly about some of these issues, just read, don't comment (asking questions about general hiring steps is not a problem, nor is anything else along that line). You can bet your paycheck this forum (as well as others) is monitored by someone that would frown on it.

If you're wondering why I'm doing this, all this typing, a bit of individual Q&A about getting hired etc, all without being paid or anything to gain? Well; Toyota is actually a good company, working for them can be a very good job, and people need jobs badly right now. The answer is mostly explained below for anyone curious thus far. This is to share info, not to get anyone to hate Toyota or not work for them. I would rather people have the chance to know about these issues, and make up their own minds how to perceive them instead of be unaware of the info here (not everyone already knows what's here I'm sure).

You've all no doubt heard or seen the word "kaizen" (continuous improvement).
A word most probably have not heard or read about however, is "Karoshi"
On Wikipedia:
Kar

Don't ever say that word around the plant or anyone associated with Toyota (or any Japanese company) if you wish to work there btw. Those that take the time to read the info in that link will probably understand.

I lost a lot of faith in Akio Toyoda (the CEO of the company) when the company lied about problems with safety (knowingly for years). I never would have expected that from them. He apologized to customers of course (all CEO's apologize after their company is caught in a lie).
He's publicly criticized the company's drive for profits in the last decade. Since when does a CEO "publicly criticize" the company he's in control of other than for PR? They don't, CEO's tend to have the most say, if they want something done differently, they don't publicly criticize the company, they just issue the change.

Everyone feels if they work hard enough, the company will appreciate it, and yes, they tend to. Frankly, they expect workers to feel that way so they do "knock themselves out" to be recognized and appreciated. You've probably seen the Camry Hybrid, it's impressive, the redesign for the 2007 model Camry could not have been better. The man died from ischemic heart disease in January 2006, directly related to overwork... If you've already read the link above, you've already read some about it, and know that death from overwork is common enough in Japan that there is a word for it. That designer worked himself to death and the company didn't want to extend his death benefit to his family, that's how appreciated he, his creativity and hard work actually was. Companies LOVE that kind of worker and that type of work environment and some companies are bringing it, little by little, to America.

No one else that I know of has gone as far as to post this kind of info for others this way. I decided it was time someone did. I hope one day it's seen as helpful by those it's being done for. Even if for now it seems ignorable.

Yes, there will be people that "flame" against this post. There is a lot more reason to be suspicious of those that do that, than there is about what I've posted.

Totally undetstood. You have to take the good with the bad, and nobody (business) is perfect. Facts are facts and people have the right to know about the negative as well as the possitive. All we can do is hope that a company who makes mistakes can learn from them and move on to do better thanks for your info....find it both intresting and and confirmed.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 PM

I coul possibly ease your mind some too. My close friend i speak of hear is on his third week of team leader orientation. He text me tonight that they (Toyota menchined they would begin their hiring process full on after "shut down" or vacation. They are getting off for the 4th, and then the fallowing week. He told me just to ease my mind some, so I hope I have been able to do the same for you. Its still quite a wait, but atleast we can see a possible " ray of light" at the end of the tunnell

Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM

102 posts, read 153,892 times
Quote:
I coul possibly ease your mind some too. My close friend i speak of hear is on his third week of team leader orientation. He text me tonight that they (Toyota menchined they would begin their hiring process full on after "shut down" or vacation. They are getting off for the 4th, and then the fallowing week. He told me just to ease my mind some, so I hope I have been able to do the same for you. Its still quite a wait, but atleast we can see a possible " ray of light" at the end of the tunnell
Thank you! I wondered about that... I kind of figured they might be waiting until after the "shut down." Hope to hear something soon!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM

45 posts, read 79,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
Hahaha, A/C, whats that? They have air movers. Nothing comfortable about it.
It's not bad if you sit on ur butt all day, like half of the employees.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 AM

43 posts, read 78,274 times
Quote:
But will the letters start again also

Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAE0716 View Post
But will the letters start again also
Sorry, but I can only answer as I get info, and, must emphasize the fact that its comming from sum1 else ( hear say) if you will, but i only post what I hear from someone that I trust hang in there. Maybe we will all get some reliefe soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or