Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 AM

88 posts, read 151,018 times

Advertisements

Good morning fellow forum members. Ive been away for a couple of days. Just gaining access to my computer.mizzboyd i took my day 1 assessement on Dec3 not Dec27. I dont know how that msg got in there, must have been human error. I am like you, eagerly waiting on an email about the work simulation phase.garmon1966 i talked with a couple over the weekend and they claimed to have been thru all the hiring phases and still havent been given a hire date. Guys and Gals keep your head up and if it is meant to happen it will. Question, does anyone knows if Toyota will hire a security staff, if so when? Or will the sub contract it out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 AM

46 posts, read 80,805 times
Well Garmon1966........I can give you a heads up on that, You will not recieve a job offer on that day! Its a Process that you have to go thru Pending Drug Screen and Background Results and then there is a Physical that you must take and pass it also! I have had a Interview and Drug Screen on November 18th and background Check so I am paitently waiting also. They still have 1300 jobs so Just Hang in there! I know waiting doesnt put any money in your account but from what i hear it will be well worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
The hardest part of this whole process is sitting around waiting for a job offer and getting it but not knowing when you will actually start working and drawing an actual paycheck. Most are like me and need to make money ASAP. I would love the opportunity to work for Toyota and I have an interview next Tuesday. Problem is, if I pass the interview and don't get a definite start date, not tentative, I will have to probably go with another definite job offer I was given 8 weeks ago and have been putting off to try and get in with Toyota. I have a family to support and right now we have no insurance. I have no option to wait for several more months. Bills keep coming and bank account is dwindling down now. I am holding out hope for next Tuesday and that I'll get a start date but also being realistic that it could be months away. Everyone stay optimistic and maybe good things will happen sooner than later. Good luck to all on their upcoming testing.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 AM

201 posts, read 386,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mluv_2000 View Post
Well Garmon1966........I can give you a heads up on that, You will not recieve a job offer on that day! Its a Process that you have to go thru Pending Drug Screen and Background Results and then there is a Physical that you must take and pass it also! I have had a Interview and Drug Screen on November 18th and background Check so I am paitently waiting also. They still have 1300 jobs so Just Hang in there! I know waiting doesnt put any money in your account but from what i hear it will be well worth the wait!
I know my drug, background and physical won't be a problem and I know I won't get an offer that day but within a week or so I hope to know something cause like I said the bills don't stop. If I take another job I won't leave it just to accept a job offer later in the year just because I don't believe in job hopping. I am loyal to those that help when it's needed such as a good company giving me the opportunity to work for them even if it's not Toyota. I am really trying to hold out but financial reasons may not permit. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament. Thanks though for the encouragement.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:49 AM

142 posts, read 260,547 times
Quote:
The hardest part of this whole process is sitting around waiting for a job offer and getting it but not knowing when you will actually start working and drawing an actual paycheck. Most are like me and need to make money ASAP. I would love the opportunity to work for Toyota and I have an interview next Tuesday. Problem is, if I pass the interview and don't get a definite start date, not tentative, I will have to probably go with another definite job offer I was given 8 weeks ago and have been putting off to try and get in with Toyota. I have a family to support and right now we have no insurance. I have no option to wait for several more months. Bills keep coming and bank account is dwindling down now. I am holding out hope for next Tuesday and that I'll get a start date but also being realistic that it could be months away. Everyone stay optimistic and maybe good things will happen sooner than later. Good luck to all on their upcoming testing.

Garmon1966 Yeah I am like you I would like the opportunity to work for toyota and all and I also have a family and as you mention the bills keep coming and the bank account is winding down and I am not going to wait on toyota and lose my house, car or etc. I am staying hopeful and I hope since the holidays are over that maybe the process will speed up a little bit quicker and I wish each and every one of you the best of luck no matter where you end up at just be glad you have a job to go too.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM

36 posts, read 64,768 times
No doubt, the waiting is he hardest part of this process. Thank you Toyota Staffing for your input, it does help encourage those of us that have completed phases and still haven't heard a word about an invitation to the next one. Like almost everyone else here, the jobs at Toyota are being looked at as a lifeline of sorts.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 PM

116 posts, read 209,159 times
Quote:

Garmon, Im dealing with some of the same issues. Im in the middle of a school year! Im waiting now on Day 2 testing Jan 15th. If i do well, when will I interview? If that goes well, what kind of start date will I have?
I have to give a notice and get out of a contract ! Its alot to process. If anyone has any thoughts on my situation I would love to have input

Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM

36 posts, read 64,768 times
Teacher, after your Day 2, sooner or later you will get a call about setting a date for your interview, (usually about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later). After that it, you wait about 2 weeks to get an offer with an estimated start date, depending on your physical and background check. Before a final offer is made. You should have plenty of time to get out of your contract and give plenty of notice.( these estimates have been based on what I've seen posted here as to the process they have undertaken)

Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 PM

116 posts, read 209,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_n_MS View Post
Teacher, after your Day 2, sooner or later you will get a call about setting a date for your interview, (usually about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later). After that it, you wait about 2 weeks to get an offer with an estimated start date, depending on your physical and background check. Before a final offer is made. You should have plenty of time to get out of your contract and give plenty of notice.( these estimates have been based on what I've seen posted here as to the process they have undertaken)

Thanks Bill! This is wearing on my nerves. Wondering if the change
is worth it. Unlike some on the board, at least I have a job and income.
Im thankful for that but I just need a new direction. Tired of the politics
and aggravation that goes along with teaching.
Could you tell me what you know about vacation/holidays ect.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM

201 posts, read 386,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Teacher View Post
Garmon, Im dealing with some of the same issues. Im in the middle of a school year! Im waiting now on Day 2 testing Jan 15th. If i do well, when will I interview? If that goes well, what kind of start date will I have?
I have to give a notice and get out of a contract ! Its alot to process. If anyone has any thoughts on my situation I would love to have input
MS Teacher, that's just the thing, no one knows for sure when their next test will be or if they've even passed their test til they are contacted. It's a big guessing game and I for one can't afford to gamble at this point. It may be the best job I ever had but won't make much difference if I lose my home and vehicles while waiting. They should have a better way of keeping people informed of where they stand in the hiring process. As far as giving a notice, I personally wouldn't gvie one til I had a definite start date with Toyota. Start date is anybodys guess. Hope this helps some. Here's an interesting article to read,(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...007542352.html).

Last edited by Garmon1966; 01-03-2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM

142 posts, read 260,547 times
Quote:
MS Teacher, that's just the thing, no one knows for sure when their next test will be or if they've even passed their test til they are contacted. It's a big guessing game and I for one can't afford to gamble at this point. It may be the best job I ever had but won't make much difference if I lose my home and vehicles while waiting. They should have a better way of keeping people informed of where they stand in the hiring process. As far as giving a notice, I personally wouldn't gvie one til I had a definite start date with Toyota. Start date is anybodys guess. Hope this helps some. Here's an interesting article to read,(Toyota Revives Dormant Plant - WSJ.com).

Garmon1966 I have a question and it may sound stupid but here goes someone on this forum said that if you didn't pass the computer assessment test that you would have known at the time of testing because the computer would have kicked you out and told you that you did not pass it this accurate informatin or not? I am not doubting what the person said I am just wondering if anyone else knows this to be true or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi