Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 09:02 PM

116 posts, read 208,245 times

Advertisements

Switching gears a bit! Everybody on here pretty much from Mississippi? Just curious b/c there was a lady in my group that came from Kansas. She has family in the area. I think that just reinforces how difficult times are for people all across the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 PM

142 posts, read 259,738 times
Default Husband getting hired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjeffgray2002 View Post
Amen, MissJob! Wait, do what they tell you to in emails and phone calls, and keep up hope until you have a good, solid reason not too I hope my hubby gets hired on and is possibly able to work with some of this forum. The teamwork is great!

mrsjeffgray2002 I am praying for me and my family as well as you and yours and all the rest of this forum who take time out of their busy lives to try and keep us informed as to what is going on as well as giving up reasons to keep hope alive well I have to turn in right now but all is well ends well (I think that is how it goes)

Old 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM

46 posts, read 80,473 times
I am from Tupelo and I am still waiting paitiently on the phone call with job offer, I have had interview and drug screen, In the meantime if anyone that is moving to the Area and need to Buy I am a Licensed Realtor with Prudential 1st Real Estate 662-491-0668

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Switching gears a bit! Everybody on here pretty much from Mississippi? Just curious b/c there was a lady in my group that came from Kansas. She has family in the area. I think that just reinforces how difficult times are for people all across the country.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM

31 posts, read 67,205 times
Absolutely, Mizzboyd We just continue to obsessively check this forum, and emails, and Seletrak, and every other outlet of information we have available, lol. I know I must check them all a hundred times a day Praying for you and yours!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 PM

116 posts, read 208,245 times
Alabama here! Family in Tupelo & Pontotoc.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM

88 posts, read 150,528 times
missjob4me, what was actual date of testing and what location? Mine was Dec3 @ Tupelo.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 PM

58 posts, read 105,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Tupelo here also

Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 PM

201 posts, read 385,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjeffgray2002 View Post
I know someone who recently took the test and the computer test ended for them. They were told by the proctor that they were "not a fit for Toyota", but even went so far as to suggest applications for suppliers. Didn't get to talk much, but that was the gist of it.

**begin rant**

Now, I LOVE this forum. It is, for the most part, a wonderful and encouraging tool in the job search we are all involved in. I just don't understand the bitterness. Going into this, it seems like some think that this multi-billion dollar corporation is going to bend over backwards to keep every single person up to date on every little thing. With so many applications, they can't possibly! I know the waiting is hard, believe me, I KNOW. But, can it not be somewhat expected? Especially if you are already well into the process? I am on tenterhooks waiting, and my family has so much riding on this, but even I know it won't happen overnight. So we can guess all we want, and complain about the wait, but in the end, everything is going to move on Toyota's time. However, even Toyota's timing has nothing on God's timing. If we keep that foremost in our minds, we can keep this forum the open and encouraging place it has become. I feel like I am friends with nearly everyone on here

**end rant**
I certainly hope you don't think I'm being "bitter" when I make a comment about having to wait. I'm just stating my situation and how I feel, nothing negative about Toyota or anyone on this forum. I hope everyone gets a job because we all need one. I never said or expected it to happen overnight but just expected a company as organized as Toyota to have a better way of informing applicants. We do have a applicant number remember. That's my 2 cents. Good luck to you.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM

31 posts, read 67,205 times
No, Garmon, it's all good! Hard to not let all the anxiety from waiting get to you. My main New Year's resolution was to stress less over things I can't control. Had to 'restart' several times already It will happen when and if it is supposed to happen.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 AM

36 posts, read 64,596 times
When took my Day1 computer assessment, the proctor told us each section has a minimum score, if anyone fails to reach it in a section, the computer will end the session for that person. During my testing I had 1 man get up and walk out about 15 mins into it, his screen said, "Your session has ended."

One of the first things I noticed here was the bond being formed among the posters. That level of teamwork will be what makes this entire process we are all going through, work for Toyota and ourselves. Please have patience in the process. I know the feeling of waiting, I'm doing it myself. I was in the printing/publishing industry for 26 years. Times evolve, and printing has taken a big hit in the computer-age. I've been out of work for 23 months, 23 LONG months. I've been on over 90 interviews in that time, seems I am over-qualified for almost every one. Why would they hire me for a rate of pay that I won't be happy with and I will continue job-hunting until I find something paying more what my experience will pay. Then they have to go through the hiring process all over again. Times are tough all over and people are coming in from every state hoping for a job with Toyota. For some, it means getting the experience and maybe be able to transfer to a Toyota plant closer to their home city. Others, it means sending the money home to their spouses to keep the house and cars. We all have our reasons for going through this test/wait/test/wait cycle, but it all boils down to one thing, supporting our families, and still chasing the American dream. God bless you all, and lets pray for everyone going through this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi