Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 07:09 PM

82 posts, read 170,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by me1971 View Post
I just took the computer assessment test at the WIN Job Center on 10/18 and have not heard anything about my results. I did receive a short (two question) survey on the "Selectrak" log-in page yesterday (10/20)). Does anyone know how long they took to get back in touch with you with the results or to notify you that you were moving on to "2nd Day" testing?

Wish I could help you as we are about to be in the same situation. Any tips for someone about to test? Hopefully this forum will see a little more action now that the process has started moving along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 PM

30 posts, read 99,875 times
Default Computer Assessment

I felt that the computer assessment was fairly easy, but it did have a few tricky sections. Takes about 1 hr 45 minutes minimum (but a few people either threw in the "hat" or just didn't take their time because they left early and there was no way they could have finished the test in under 1hr and 45 mins.). There is a short video prior to taking the assessment, which tells you a little about the skilled and production positions, and they don't sugar-coat how hard the work is. I'm not a negative person, but from what I gathered from the video, I'm not sure $15.00 an hour is worth the job you are required to perform. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about putting in a hard day at work, but if you are going to work me like a mule, you better show me the money. Another thing as far as the pay is concerned, I have read that other Toyota plants (TMMK and TMMTX) have a higher starting pay then TMMMS. Not sure if they are just assuming that the cost of living in MS is lower then rest of the country, but it should be even across the board for everyone.

Well good luck on the test.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 PM

82 posts, read 170,060 times
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply, I'm sure you've been checking everything you can in the news like we have. There doesn't seem to be much talk about this, as of yet. I'm surprised that some people would give up so quickly. We're just looking for job security and a more positive working environment. A place where people actually care enough to do a good job, not just for the company, but for themselves as well. My husband is actually testing next week. It would be nice to know about how long it takes to receive good or bad news. I will check back to see if you or others have moved on to the next round of testing. Thanks again and best of luck to you also!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,054 times
Not sure if this will apply for the Blue Springs plant but when we started up the new plant here we began hiring in earnest about 6 mos before SOP. The time line we are hearing, (which is hear say at this point, nothing official) is that Mississippi start up is Oct.

The higher skill set areas (paint etc) started hiring first.

Good luck to everyone doing the testing!

BTW, it usually took a couple weeks to hear back from testing here

Old 10-25-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie.8 View Post
Not sure if this will apply for the Blue Springs plant but when we started up the new plant here we began hiring in earnest about 6 mos before SOP. The time line we are hearing, (which is hear say at this point, nothing official) is that Mississippi start up is Oct.

The higher skill set areas (paint etc) started hiring first.

Good luck to everyone doing the testing!

BTW, it usually took a couple weeks to hear back from testing here

Thanks for the information

Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 PM

46 posts, read 116,905 times
I tested October 11 at the Corinith WIN center and have'nt recieved a response yet either. Don't know if the location you test at impacts the response time or if they go solely on test results. I went through the Selectrak selection process with Goodyear in 2008 and response times varied, not sure how TMMMS will go. BTW me1971 what were the survey questions? I did'nt recieve them when i logged in so maybe that's good news for you.

Last edited by atpeace2; 10-25-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 PM

29 posts, read 83,636 times
Hello future TMMMS employees I tested at the Belden Ms, WIN Job Center on 9/23 and I to had a few questions on Selectrak. I have talked with guy who claims his sister has had an interview with TMMMS so I had hime to ask her a few questions and as soon as I here from him I will post the info.......should see him in the morning.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpeace2 View Post
I tested October 11 at the Corinith WIN center and have'nt recieved a response yet either. Don't know if the location you test at impacts the response time or if they go solely on test results. I went through the Selectrak selection process with Goodyear in 2008 and response times varied, not sure how TMMMS will go. BTW me1971 what were the survey questions? I did'nt recieve them when i logged in so maybe that's good news for you.

There were only two questions, "How did I find out about the assessment/job posting" and "What was the highest level of education achieved". So I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Could just be a random customer service thing with "Selectrak" and the "WIN" center.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
Hello future TMMMS employees I tested at the Belden Ms, WIN Job Center on 9/23 and I to had a few questions on Selectrak. I have talked with guy who claims his sister has had an interview with TMMMS so I had hime to ask her a few questions and as soon as I here from him I will post the info.......should see him in the morning.
Did you have just one set of questions like me or a couple over several weeks? Can you see if she is being hired as "skilled" or "production". I heard that "skilled" is hired first, then "production" members.

Thanks and good luck.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 PM

29 posts, read 83,636 times
Well I talked with him today and he said she applied for production..however she didn't go to the interview she had a job offer with DHS (Department Of Human Services) and chose to declined TMMMS. However I just recieved and email fromTMMMS that I've been selected for the 9 hr. work simulation and I recieved a couple of calls from other people stating they've recieved the same email so looks like the ball is beginning to roll so check your email. I have to set date to take this next phase and once I've taken I will post this info so you will know what to expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi