U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 PM

172 posts, read 292,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny00g View Post
To all that are nervous just be patient I was nervous too at first I had my interview nov 17 and didn't hear a word until yesterday
so what was ur start date then kenny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM

51 posts, read 96,440 times
Default Day 3?

I went for day 2 on Jan 5 and I was thinking I would get an email telling me to schedule my interview but today i just looked on my application online and under activity it said final interview sheduled but when i click to schedule it there are no dates on the calender??

Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM

82 posts, read 153,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Teacher View Post
Wanted to let people know that I did not receive anything about scheduling for Day2. I just got tired of waiting for an email and randomly checked my status at WINGs. It said that I needed to schedule Day 2!!?
Dont know how long it said that before I checked. I was trying to patiently wait for an email
Okay, so this is what happened after logging into WINGS. Went through the usual to get to selectrak, gave login number,clicked on production team member, it said the next step requires you to make an appt. to come to our training facility, clicked next, it pulled up a calendar which had no openings until June(that's as far as I looked). I thought all of this was extremely strange seeing that he finished day 2 testing last Thursday. I have checked WINGS every day since his test and it has said the same thing each time, application being reviewed blah,blah, the usual stuff, no calendar on the days that I checked. So today after checking the calendar and trying to figure out what exactly was going on, I clicked on" Return to Application List ", at the bottom of the page and it pulled up the page that shows when you have made or making appt.(long blue rectanular box) within that box it says highlighted, Final Interview Scheduled, I click on it and it takes me back to the original calendar with zero openings! It also says interview not scheduled and directions available after scheduling. So I really have no clue what may be going on. I doubt very seriously that his status would have changed that quickly, I have gone through the routine of checking and rechecking several times and every time it comes up the same. So for the time being we will take it with a grain of salt. We won't believe it until we get a phone call.

After the proctor trying to enter the wrong ID and the toyota website trouble I had this morning, I kinda panicked at the thought of his testing being credited to another applicant . So when I get a call back I will just try to make sure that they have his information correct and his testing on record .

One more thing, I checked his WINGS account and found out about day 2 testing before an email was sent also. So check your email, you may have one by now.

Long post, I know, but if anyone has any ideas as to what may be going on I would appreciate hearing them!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 PM

142 posts, read 233,001 times
Default Break down of process

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenly26 View Post
I went for day 2 on Jan 5 and I was thinking I would get an email telling me to schedule my interview but today i just looked on my application online and under activity it said final interview sheduled but when i click to schedule it there are no dates on the calender??

mizzboyd here can u give me a break down of the way they contacted you such as first assessment test I know you went for the 2nd test on Jan 5th I saw!!! My first assessment was on Dec 27th and haven't heard anything yet wondering

Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Alabama here! Family in Tupelo & Pontotoc.

I am a different situation ........hubs is living and working in Canton,MS. We are from TX and I am living and working in WI. Long story, but the short end of it, if I can land a job at toyota then the hubs will transfer to Tupelo, and we will live and work in the same state!! Jus sayin it's bad all over!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_n_MS View Post
When you get there, tell them I'm still waiting. LOL

"ditto" for me!! : ]

Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
For anyone who took the Day 2 test on Jan. 4th could you please tell us how your day started, the process and how things went for you. Thanks a million!

Sorry if I answered ya, I am thinkin all this on the thread is starting to run together!! UGHH. I took the day 2 testing on Jan. 4th. It went very well I thought. We started out by gathering around a table getting our gear, (hard hat, goggles and work gloves) then there were 3 sections on the physical part of the assesment. 1 part doing lots of squats basically with 10lb and 25lb weights. 2nd part crawling around the shell of a corolla car with no seats, and you practice hooking up wiring harnesses and taking them out you crawl in and out of the car lots! and running a screw gun on a pnuematic gun. 3rd part is the "mock spot weld" I think that was the easiest part! the last part was a teamwork case scenario's in building mini-mock cars, and given a budget to work with and defective parts are a part of it. then you need to do a sales pitch! anyway, good luck. I have not heard a word. since the jan. 4th. testing.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluv_2000 View Post
I just got a call from a California number and oh Boy I thought it was Toyota and when i answered it was someone wanting to do a survey, imagine that!
That sucks ey?!! Hope u hear soon!!! Let us know!!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM

51 posts, read 96,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
mizzboyd here can u give me a break down of the way they contacted you such as first assessment test I know you went for the 2nd test on Jan 5th I saw!!! My first assessment was on Dec 27th and haven't heard anything yet wondering
I applied in august
Done day 1 in October.
Contacted me about day 2 in Dec
SO just hang in there. IT could be a month or a few more
weeks. seems to be different for everyone

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM

142 posts, read 233,001 times
Default Living Arrangement

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4hammys View Post
I am a different situation ........hubs is living and working in Canton,MS. We are from TX and I am living and working in WI. Long story, but the short end of it, if I can land a job at toyota then the hubs will transfer to Tupelo, and we will live and work in the same state!! Jus sayin it's bad all over!

So has your husband taken the test and been hired or just you? And do u guys have any kids? I have 3 and I too am hoping to land a job there but it seems as if things are still going slow and I don't know what to do whether to wait it out or keep on looking? I am hoping to hear something pretty soon though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or