Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 11:09 PM

32 posts, read 75,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Switching gears a bit! Everybody on here pretty much from Mississippi? Just curious b/c there was a lady in my group that came from Kansas. She has family in the area. I think that just reinforces how difficult times are for people all across the country.
I live here, but one of the guys that interviewed the same time as me was on his third trip here from CA! I have also heard of many coming from all over the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 AM

142 posts, read 260,547 times
Default Praying for all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_n_MS View Post
When took my Day1 computer assessment, the proctor told us each section has a minimum score, if anyone fails to reach it in a section, the computer will end the session for that person. During my testing I had 1 man get up and walk out about 15 mins into it, his screen said, "Your session has ended."

One of the first things I noticed here was the bond being formed among the posters. That level of teamwork will be what makes this entire process we are all going through, work for Toyota and ourselves. Please have patience in the process. I know the feeling of waiting, I'm doing it myself. I was in the printing/publishing industry for 26 years. Times evolve, and printing has taken a big hit in the computer-age. I've been out of work for 23 months, 23 LONG months. I've been on over 90 interviews in that time, seems I am over-qualified for almost every one. Why would they hire me for a rate of pay that I won't be happy with and I will continue job-hunting until I find something paying more what my experience will pay. Then they have to go through the hiring process all over again. Times are tough all over and people are coming in from every state hoping for a job with Toyota. For some, it means getting the experience and maybe be able to transfer to a Toyota plant closer to their home city. Others, it means sending the money home to their spouses to keep the house and cars. We all have our reasons for going through this test/wait/test/wait cycle, but it all boils down to one thing, supporting our families, and still chasing the American dream. God bless you all, and lets pray for everyone going through this.

Bill you are right we all have a reason that we are hoping to get in the door with toyota and each of our reasons is different and with this forum you meet nice people who are willing to keep you up to date and informed as much as they possibly can about what they know and I hope I did well enough for them to contact me with the second phase of the test so if everyone would please say a prayer for me and my family because my 3 kids depend on me to provide for them and right now I am scared whether we are going to make it or not to just be honest about the situation. God please bless us all and keep us in your prayers. It's hard when you have to look your kids in the face and you don't know yourself if you will make it through the year or not so something has to give and quick.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 AM

82 posts, read 204,183 times
I'm from new albany

Old 01-04-2011, 11:31 AM

142 posts, read 260,547 times
Default Being from New Albany MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny00g View Post
I'm from new albany

Kenny00g where are you at in the process of the hiring for the toyota plant?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:13 PM

116 posts, read 208,813 times
Default holding on

I took the test 12/13 Tupelo!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM

31 posts, read 67,435 times
We're from Blue Mountain and Hubby's process so far is this:

Application: mid-September 2010
1st Computer Test Email: early Oct.
1st Computer Test: mid-Oct.
2nd Phase Email: mid Nov.
2nd Phase Testing: Dec. 7
Currently waiting to be called for an interview. I hope!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

58 posts, read 105,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4hammys View Post
Yay!! alright ladies!! Now hope we ALL get in!! Day 2 testing tue. jan. 4th. I will ley ya'll know!! Take care, and hang in there eveyone.
We're all awaiting for the result's..................and the survey says???????
How'd it go?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM

58 posts, read 105,742 times
I start Monday (1/10/11) is there anyone else that'll be starting on that day as well.... other than Ltlbet?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM

36 posts, read 64,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haybusa___ View Post
I start Monday (1/10/11) is there anyone else that'll be starting on that day as well.... other than Ltlbet?

When you get there, tell them I'm still waiting. LOL

Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM

8 posts, read 19,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Switching gears a bit! Everybody on here pretty much from Mississippi? Just curious b/c there was a lady in my group that came from Kansas. She has family in the area. I think that just reinforces how difficult times are for people all across the country.

I live here in Memphis, Tn. I have been through all the phases, I am waiting to do my physical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi