Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM

26 posts, read 40,599 times

Advertisements

Holding on, my interview is next Thursday 3-24 @ 10:45. And my girlfriend is working on my resume. I hope it doesn't take long for them to contact me after the interview, I have a degree in automotive repair...I have been working on cars for years. I'm ready to join the Toyota Family...!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
It took about 2 months from my interview to get my offer. Hopefully its moving a lot faster now. My whole time line from start to finish was 8 months.
Yea I know what you mean. I'm about 9 weeks since my interview and haven't heard jack. I'm on my 8th month since I first applied. I seriously doubt at this point that I would take a job for Toyota. I find the way they treat people atrocious. Hell, the least they could do is to let people know if they have been eliminated from the hiring pool or update their status somehow through the whole process. This is Toyota !!! One of the biggest companies in the world. You mean to tell me that they can't afford to hire a few people to update the application websites. Really ? REALLY ? Is why they came to Mississippi ? To treat people like crap and pay a low wage compared to the rest of the auto industry in this country. But I guess that is why all companies come to Mississippi. They simply don't care about anything except getting cheap labor !!!

A friend of mine that worked for Nissan and VW told me that Toyota had this hiring thing down to a science. Oh boy was he wrong !!! It would seem more like total confusion from what the hiring reps have said when people have called in to check their status after months of waiting. And the number of applicants isn't the issue either, I talked to two HR reps when I was there for my interview. They told me that they have only received 45-50% of the applications the that they wanted for the pool of applicants. So if they only have around half of the applicants that they wanted and it is this screwed up, I would hate to see what would happen if they got 100% of the applicants that they wanted.

I guess that is what happens when you hire a second rate company to hire your employees instead of doing the hiring yourself. This is not my first experience with Select International. The other 2 times were
[mod] rude language removed [/mod]

as well, but not of this epic proportion. It doesn't take 6-9 months to hire a quality employee and it certainly doesn't take 8 weeks after an interview to send a rejection letter, extend a job offer, or at least have the common courtesy to let the applicant know something. My 6 year old daughter could organize better than these clowns at the select international 3 ring circus. I guess for such a high paying job ($15/hr, pfft) for us country folks, they can do whatever they want.

Anyhow good luck folks, I sincerely hope each and everyone of you on this board gets what you want and has a much better experience than me. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-20-2011 at 06:42 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 05:08 PM

88 posts, read 151,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo22 View Post
Holding on, my interview is next Thursday 3-24 @ 10:45. And my girlfriend is working on my resume. I hope it doesn't take long for them to contact me after the interview, I have a degree in automotive repair...I have been working on cars for years. I'm ready to join the Toyota Family...!!!
Hey Buddy, i' m only five days behind you on the interview. Ensure you have at least four copies of your resumes. I have about 1 1/2 years training in automotive die finishing and repair and also chrome plating stamping dies. I worked with a company that repaired and plated all stamping dies for Toyota here in Meridian. Keep your head up Brutha and we will see each other "On the LIne". Keep me posted on your progress and i will do likewise.....

Old 03-19-2011, 06:06 PM

88 posts, read 151,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckgaspedal View Post
Yea I know what you mean. I'm about 9 weeks since my interview and haven't heard jack. I'm on my 8th month since I first applied. I seriously doubt at this point that I would take a job for Toyota. I find the way they treat people atrocious. Hell, the least they could do is to let people know if they have been eliminated from the hiring pool or update their status somehow through the whole process. This is Toyota !!! One of the biggest companies in the world. You mean to tell me that they can't afford to hire a few people to update the application websites. Really ? REALLY ? Is why they came to Mississippi ? To treat people like crap and pay a low wage compared to the rest of the auto industry in this country. But I guess that is why all companies come to Mississippi. They simply don't care about anything except getting cheap labor !!!

A friend of mine that worked for Nissan and VW told me that Toyota had this hiring thing down to a science. Oh boy was he wrong !!! It would seem more like total confusion from what the hiring reps have said when people have called in to check their status after months of waiting. And the number of applicants isn't the issue either, I talked to two HR reps when I was there for my interview. They told me that they have only received 45-50% of the applications the that they wanted for the pool of applicants. So if they only have around half of the applicants that they wanted and it is this screwed up, I would hate to see what would happen if they got 100% of the applicants that they wanted.

I guess that is what happens when you hire a second rate company to hire your employees instead of doing the hiring yourself. This is not my first experience with Select International. The other 2 times were as well, but not of this epic proportion. It doesn't take 6-9 months to hire a quality employee and it certainly doesn't take 8 weeks after an interview to send a rejection letter, extend a job offer, or at least have the common courtesy to let the applicant know something. My 6 year old daughter could organize better than these clowns at the select international 3 ring circus. I guess for such a high paying job ($15/hr, pfft) for us country folks, they can do whatever they want.

Anyhow good luck folks, I sincerely hope each and everyone of you on this board gets what you want and has a much better experience than me. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
stuckgaspedal, dont give up just yet. I know its been a while since you went through the process, but realize how far you have come. It was about two months before i heard any word after day 1 testing to be invited for day 2 simulation. Read back at how long mluv waitied to finally get his call. It appears thing are moving faster at Toyota. Try giving them a call to check your status. You will propabably be suprised what the outcome could be.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-20-2011 at 06:42 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 PM

201 posts, read 386,307 times
How's this for confusion? I know of an applicant that was told on the Select website and Toyota website that they had passed day 2 simulation and would be called to schedule an interview. They waited 3 weeks thinking they were waiting on a call for an interview and got a call from a Select employee saying they hadn't passed day 2 and was not what Toyota was looking for at this time. Now 1 site says they passed and then a call saying they failed.....come on. I think they are so overwhelmed with applicants at this time that things are being misplaced and peoples files are getting shuffled and confused with other peoples files causing possible rejection calls or letters to the wrong people. I would be sure if you get called or a letter saying you were rejected that you follow up with them and call to verify it. Mistakes happen when this number of applications get handled by so few people. Just my 2 cents. Everyone remain positive and good luck. And by the way...that person I mentioned above is having their application reviewed to see what the mixup was and hopefully will get that interview.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 PM

15 posts, read 25,041 times
hey guys, anyone else going for interview on march, 23rd. I finally got my call

Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 PM

47 posts, read 79,546 times
Quote:

I guess that is what happens when you hire a second rate company to hire your employees instead of doing the hiring yourself. This is not my first experience with Select International. The other 2 times were as well, but not of this epic proportion. It doesn't take 6-9 months to hire a quality employee and it certainly doesn't take 8 weeks after an interview to send a rejection letter, extend a job offer, or at least have the common courtesy to let the applicant know something. My 6 year old daughter could organize better than these clowns at the select international 3 ring circus. I guess for such a high paying job ($15/hr, pfft) for us country folks, they can do whatever they want.

You have absolutely no clue. Been with Toyota for 5 weeks and they treat you better than anywhere else. You might as well just start looking somewhere else if you are going to bash Toyota like this. You clearly wouldn't fit in anyway. Good luck

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-20-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4life View Post
You have absolutely no clue. Been with Toyota for 5 weeks and they treat you better than anywhere else. You might as well just start looking somewhere else if you are going to bash Toyota like this. You clearly wouldn't fit in anyway. Good luck
No clue ? I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. I know probably 20 people that have put in applications and the majority of them think the same thing. Actually, a few that have been hired like yourself have expressed some of these concerns and are wondering if they made a mistake taking the job.

Are you telling me that it takes months to let someone know if they passed a computer test ? Send a rejection letter or extend a job offer ? I'm glad that you have had a good experience but that doesn't excuse the fact of what Toyota is doing to people before hire. After 8 months I have exactly no more of an idea of what is going on than I did 15 minutes after filling out the online application except that I have spent my time and money going through this ridiculously long drawn out process. Very unprofessional and unorganized. I'm glad that your first 5 weeks has gone well, but you may soon find out that the honeymoon is over when production starts. Good luck to you sir

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 AM

82 posts, read 170,742 times
Quote:

Soooooo............This means you will turn them down if they extend an offer?

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-20-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 AM

28 posts, read 53,866 times
Quote:
No clue ? I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. I know probably 20 people that have put in applications and the majority of them think the same thing. Actually, a few that have been hired like yourself have expressed some of these concerns and are wondering if they made a mistake taking the job.

Are you telling me that it takes months to let someone know if they passed a computer test ? Send a rejection letter or extend a job offer ? I'm glad that you have had a good experience but that doesn't excuse the fact of what Toyota is doing to people before hire. After 8 months I have exactly no more of an idea of what is going on than I did 15 minutes after filling out the online application except that I have spent my time and money going through this ridiculously long drawn out process. Very unprofessional and unorganized. I'm glad that your first 5 weeks has gone well, but you may soon find out that the honeymoon is over when production starts. Good luck to you sir
I can understand your frustration but you have to realize you can't go thru 30,000+ applications in a day. I can also say that all of the people I was hired in with have at least 10 years + of working in a manufacturing environment as line operators or supervisors so when production does start I'm sure we can handle it just fine. I would also never put in for a job that I haven't researched the company first. A five minute search on google will tell you everything you need to know about Toyota's hiring process and how drawn out it is. Good luck to you sir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi