U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 56,463 times

Advertisements

It's wonderful to know that Mississippi is getting on the map. How and where do you apply for a with the plant? I'm in the Medical Office field and I'm sure this huge plant is goming to need medical staff and insurance personnal. If anyone have any information please contact me.

Thanks,
pkelley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 04:05 AM

251 posts, read 970,237 times
Look for information to start coming out later this fall or early winter for positions like yours.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 56,285 times
Default Toyota-Blue Springs

Hi PKelly...this website will give you all the info you need about the Toyota plant in MS

About Toyota: News -- Manufacturing (broken link)

Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 66,018 times
Default Jobs

I just graduated with an AAS degree in Computer Programming and I'm currently am working as an IT support technician. I plan on finishing my AAS in Local Area Networking/ Computer Servicing in 1 year and then my BS in MIS in about 2 years. I have been looking at the jobs posted for the plant in Georgetown,KY in hopes of figuring out what Toyota is looking for. What jobs do you think I would be ready for after my education. Where should one apply? Does Toyota place high importance on a four year degree?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 63,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
Does Toyota place high importance on a four year degree?
I don't know about 4 year degree, but definately post-secondary education. When the Toyota plant opened in Georgetown, KY, you couldn't get a job shooting bolts on the assembly line unless you had a college degree. It's a little different now. I wouldn't compare job openings in G-town with possibilities in Mississippi, though. Georgetown employs 10,000 people and has been open for 20 years, however I can assure you the MS plant will need IT folks. IT from Gtown and other plants will be helping MS to get up and running and train new hires. I would definately check out the links provided earlier in this thread.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 55,493 times
Default Workers compensation at Toyota?

I also would like to know how to get some resources for a workers compensation position with Toyota. I assume they will have some type of self insurance program. I am sure it will be highly competitve, however, I have many years of workers compensation experience and would value the opportunity to discuss this with the appropriate person. Is there anyone who knows who I might get in touch with regarding this employment possibility?

Last edited by makim229; 08-08-2007 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,886,301 times
go to Toyota's main site and scroll through their jobs list for Mississippi. That is all the info they are giving at the moment. They do have offices set up in Tupelo at the Idea Center, maybe you can find out more info there.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 AM

323 posts, read 1,058,050 times
I was wondering has anybody taken the Toyota skilled labor test at the win center?I heard the test takes 6 hours.I wonder if any body can tell me what do they test you on for 6 hours? Any information will help . THANK YOU CMM1959

Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 47,410 times
when will the toyota plant in blue springs be hiring

Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 40,827 times
Question Toyota Plant, Blue Springs, Ms.

Has anyone heard of any updates on when Toyota will be hiring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or