U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2009, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Axarquía, Andalucía, Spain
2,945 posts, read 4,857,364 times
Reputation: 1668
Default Is anyone near Columbus?

My fiance and I will be making a trip to MS on the 29th Dec until the 7th of Jan (family wedding) I am also going hunting and will be celebrating New Year there.

Would be nice to go for a coffee or something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
 
783 posts, read 1,194,707 times
Reputation: 499
Ah cool. I'm about 90 minutes from Columbus but can always find an excuse to venture forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Axarquía, Andalucía, Spain
2,945 posts, read 4,857,364 times
Reputation: 1668
Sweet

As long as I can get a decent cappuccino i'm happy.

Flights are awful because of the time of year, im having to fly down to Heathrow from Glasgow then to Dallas then Birmingham, AL. Flying BA/American

Shall be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
 
409 posts, read 964,396 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
My fiance and I will be making a trip to MS on the 29th Dec until the 7th of Jan (family wedding) I am also going hunting and will be celebrating New Year there.

Would be nice to go for a coffee or something
There's only one good coffee place in Columbus now. It's called Beans 'n Cream. There was a great place downtown called the Mississippi Coffeehouse, but it closed a couple of weeks ago. Owners moved to Europe.

I live in Columbus and might be willing to treat you to a cup of coffee just to hear your accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Axarquía, Andalucía, Spain
2,945 posts, read 4,857,364 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
There's only one good coffee place in Columbus now. It's called Beans 'n Cream. There was a great place downtown called the Mississippi Coffeehouse, but it closed a couple of weeks ago. Owners moved to Europe.

I live in Columbus and might be willing to treat you to a cup of coffee just to hear your accent.
Aww thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
 
409 posts, read 964,396 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Aww thank you

You're welcome. Just PM me if you're interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Starkville, MS
10 posts, read 11,373 times
Reputation: 12
Starkville here :-) Beans 'n' Cream is the top coffeehouse in the Golden Triangle, but there are a few Starbucks if you feel you have to have an overpriced way to battle the "winter chill" (it will likely be over 60 degrees that week *grin*) and I'm with jsherman...I'd drop in just to sample the accent as well-- it would be a change from the typical Southern drawl :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Axarquía, Andalucía, Spain
2,945 posts, read 4,857,364 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevl74 View Post
Starkville here :-) Beans 'n' Cream is the top coffeehouse in the Golden Triangle, but there are a few Starbucks if you feel you have to have an overpriced way to battle the "winter chill" (it will likely be over 60 degrees that week *grin*) and I'm with jsherman...I'd drop in just to sample the accent as well-- it would be a change from the typical Southern drawl :-)
I'm half Italian and enjoy "real" coffee, starbucks isn't on the top of my list i prefer non chain cafe's

I don't suspect you get too many foreign accents there, I am sure you wont have any trouble understanding my accent, no one had a problem last time i was there.

Would be nice to go for a wee coffee when I am there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Jackson, MS
1,009 posts, read 2,023,024 times
Reputation: 538
If you want to witness a variety of accents, I suggest sitting in on almost any engineering class at MSU. I was an electrical engineer major for 2 years, and I can't tell you what ethnic group was the minority/majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Axarquía, Andalucía, Spain
2,945 posts, read 4,857,364 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
If you want to witness a variety of accents, I suggest sitting in on almost any engineering class at MSU. I was an electrical engineer major for 2 years, and I can't tell you what ethnic group was the minority/majority.
My fiance is going to MSU to study industrial engineering technology, every uni has a vast array of different nationalities but i was speaking more about Columbus, and the places i've been to like Amory, they weren't used to getting many foreigners.

I don't suppose you get too many Scots in MS? Though Americans with Scottish lineage yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top