Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 07:57 PM

9 posts, read 23,939 times

Advertisements

I saw a lot of abnormal things when I lived in MS. I moved away.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:03 AM

78 posts, read 223,111 times
I read every post on this thread and I'm sitting here trying to think of something meaningful to say. My hands are shaking, I'm close to tears and my heart is beating fast.
There is so much anger. With the exception of a few who are being disregarded, these words cannot be coming from mentally stable adults. Why aren't you all outraged with the deliberate act of gluing a puppy? Surely you realize what else that person (or perhaps there were more) is capable of doing to a child. Please take a deep breath and reread what you've said.

If there is anything meaningful that can be said here it is, "May God forgive you."

Old 11-29-2009, 12:25 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,583,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateg View Post
I read every post on this thread and I'm sitting here trying to think of something meaningful to say. My hands are shaking, I'm close to tears and my heart is beating fast.
There is so much anger. With the exception of a few who are being disregarded, these words cannot be coming from mentally stable adults. Why aren't you all outraged with the deliberate act of gluing a puppy? Surely you realize what else that person (or perhaps there were more) is capable of doing to a child. Please take a deep breath and reread what you've said.

If there is anything meaningful that can be said here it is, "May God forgive you."
Kateg, let me clear something up for you. Mississippi gets a bad rap for so many things. Someone comes to our state and sees a person do something and all of a sudden, in that persons mind, we all do it and it's perfectly normal here.

It is sad and heartbreaking what someone did to the puppy. I think someone who abuses an animal, elderly, or children are scum of the earth, but that isn't a normal thing here.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruelty_database/local_maps.php

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruel...2009&search=go

Take a look at the links above, it lists animal cruelty cases nationwide, and Mississippi is NOWHERE close to the top of the list. Mississippi has 94 cases, compared to Pennsylvanias 707, New Yorks 854, Massachussets 231, etc.

May God have mercy on everyone who judges people.

Last edited by jhadorn; 11-29-2009 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 03:47 PM

138 posts, read 512,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Kateg, let me clear something up for you. Mississippi gets a bad rap for so many things. Someone comes to our state and sees a person do something and all of a sudden, in that persons mind, we all do it and it's perfectly normal here.

It is sad and heartbreaking what someone did to the puppy. I think someone who abuses an animal, elderly, or children are scum of the earth, but that isn't a normal thing here.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruelty_database/local_maps.php

Pet-Abuse.Com - State Ranking

Take a look at the links above, it lists animal cruelty cases nationwide, and Mississippi is NOWHERE close to the top of the list. Mississippi has 94 cases, compared to Pennsylvanias 707, New Yorks 854, Massachussets 231, etc.

May God have mercy on everyone who judges people.
Thank you a million times over for this post, it explains everything perfectly to a T, especially the links. One rep point for you!
Finally, I'm equally horrified that this post is still going and has not been laid to rest by a moderator....enough is enough!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Moderator cut: Thread closed for moderator review. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi