U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 AM

213 posts, read 724,707 times

Advertisements

Looking at possibly buying some property in the Byram area. If anyone has comments/information (good or bad) on the area I would appreciate any enlightment in case we do move. My sons would be attending a private school in the general Jackson area. Since I'm retired, job possibilities are not a concern. Crime, traffic problems, mosquitoes, cliques etc. are what we are mostly concerned with. Thanks in advance for any help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM

1,098 posts, read 2,924,412 times
Byram was recently approved by the courts to incorporate into its own city. It seems to be a growing middle class area. It's a couple of exits south of South Jackson, which has seen an increase in crime in the last few years. I think Bryam however is probably relatively crime free and has some nice countryside around it. Personally, I would probably select Rankin County or Madison County, which are where most of the growth is occurring. Florence, just across the Pearl River from Byram, has some beautiful countryside and is virtually crime free.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM

235 posts, read 729,214 times
I 'd have to say in the past 11 going on 12 yrs we have lived here we have loved it,things have grown in this time. As far as traffic goes it can be bad at peck times am/pm but the rest of the time this not bad,(if your going in to Jxn,or out,is when its bad am/pm)after the rust times not bad at all! Schools are good. Its all&all a great place to call home.

By the way if are looking for a home /acres Mine is up for sale,have to move for job. PM for ?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 AM

64 posts, read 225,199 times
Byram is a nice town, their fight to be incorporated is going to a huge boost as it cuts all ties with Jackson.
Lots of great neighborhoods in all price ranges, and good public schools also.

If you decide to buy southernfried's home, I can help with the mortgage. :-)

Old 01-13-2010, 09:45 AM

809 posts, read 1,774,300 times
Byram is a great suburb of Jackson to live in. I have a cousin with a house there.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,685,352 times
Byram gets its water from the city of Jackson, which just suffered a week of massive system-wide water main breaks due to the prolonged hard freeze. The Health department is supposed to lift the boil-water notice any minute now.

I would think twice about being in the Jackson water district. Other areas had some problems, but no one else went without water for a full week. Something to consider before purchasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi