Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2006, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,429 times

Advertisements

Good Evening,

I recently asked the most beautiful woman in the world (sorry guys, she's off the market now!) to marry me last August and we've set a date for March 3rd. I was sent off to Lebanon on deployment shortly thereafter and we are playing catch-up for all our wedding stuff.

Ever since she was young, her dream was to have an outside wedding. I'm not going to lie to you, i'm a Yankee...actually, i'm a Westerner (which is just as bad I hear), and not from the beautiful state of MS. My beautiful fiancee, however, has lived here all her life and really wanted something outside near the Resevoir Pointe...however upon looking further into the site, it's not quite as beautiful as originally shown in brochures.

I was hoping someone could provide a little insight as to a very nice outside location (semi-affordable), especially since we only get 1 shot at the perfect wedding. Thank you all for your time. I love Mississippi and as soon as I can change my duty stations I am planning on living out here with her again.

The ideal spots would be in Madison or Ridgeland areas. Thank you!!! Merry Christmas folks, Happy Holidays!

-Petty Officer Forman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 06:03 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times

Hi-Congratulations! A friend of mine had her outdoor wedding at the Agriculture Museum in Jackson. It was a very lovely site-the grounds are charming-and they had a gazebo and seating outside for the guests. The reception was in one of the buildings. I don't know any of the particulars, but the number for info is 601.713.3365 and you can also google the Agricultural Museum in Jackson, MS. She was cost-conscious and after a lot of research settled on this locale. However, her wedding was in May and I am not sure what weather or landscape you would have in early March

Old 12-28-2006, 08:03 PM

441 posts, read 2,108,411 times
You may want to stay away from the Reservoir area. Like you said, it's really not that nice, and the droppings from the geese and ducks give off an aroma you probably wouldn't like -- especially on your wedding day. I agree, the Ag Museum is nice. There is also a small chapel on Lakeland Drive in Flowood. The Antebellum homes in Natchez and Vicksburg are nice for outdoor weddings. I don't know about the Gulf Coast locales since Katrina, but they were once nice. Mynelle Gardens is where everyone has their outdoor weddings in the Jackson Metro area. It's beautiful and there's a pond. Best of luck!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 7,425 times
Default Luckett Lodge

Congrats. There is a palce in Rankin County called The Luckett Lodge. This place is not cheap from what I hear but it is absolutely beautiful. There is a chapel and a lodge for the recpt. The grounds are wonderful. It's not far from the rez and close enough to Madison for all of your guests. I have a friends who takes pictures and have seen some of the pics from Luckett and it is unreal. Good Luck,.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 12,085 times
Default Cedar Grove

My husband and I got married at Cedar Grove. It was awesome and beautiful and inexpensive!!

Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 AM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Fairview Inn might do weddings..
http://www.fairviewinn.com/occasions.htm

Old 05-04-2007, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,020 times
Researching Luckett Lodge in Rankin Cty. for a possible wedding site . Would like to hear details from someone who had a wedding there -

Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM

67 posts, read 348,921 times
Default wedding at botanical gardens

The botanical garden in Jackson is called Mynell Gardens. We were married there on the wedding lawn surrounded by flowers and on the banks of the pond. Check it out. There is also a nice old house renovated for receptions.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,659 times
Cool Flip-Flop Creek Weddin'

I've been to Seminary Canoe Rental in Seminary and they have quite the setting for an outdoor wedding. They have 4 beautiful, rustic cabins there that can be rented out for the event. Two of which that are on the creek. So anyone lookin' for a beautiful outdoor spot with facilities, a creek in the background, this is the place! Wonderful for Flip-Flop, Western, Elegant Country weddings. Thought I would share- My husband and I got married January 15 and I searched for places and could hardly find any outdoor venues to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi