U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM

4,280 posts, read 4,069,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE61502 View Post
I would NOT be as happy in Southaven. Way too busy over there.
As Midnight mentioned above, the 38672 zip is much more relaxed than Southaven's other zip code. It's so busy over here I've only had one deer in my yard recently. That is just the undeveloped section of my neighborhood not some forrest I live in. The deer was in my back yard when I first saw it but had moved into the empty lot by the time I made it outside. I saw four a few days before seeing this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 5,170 times
Our family is moving to the area in June(when school is out). My husband started his new job in Memphis in September so he is out there now. He is in Bartlett, TN, but we are looking for a permanent residence. The problem is we don't know where to look. We hear many great things about Collierville, Germantown areas of TN, but we have been hearing great things about Olive Branch, Southaven areas of MS. I want to find a great neighborhood with great schools for our children. I am happy that I found this website because there is so much to read and get ideas. I have to say the hardest thing is being away from my husband all this time. He flys home every 2 weeks, but only 5 more long months to go before we can all be together again

Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM

91 posts, read 271,901 times
Thumbs up You'll Love It

I moved from the hustle and bustle of Chicago and I must say, there is no better place to call home than Olive Branch. If you are looking for a faster pace try the areas you mentioned in Tennessee or Southaven, MS where the department stores and restaurants are. But if you're looking for peace and tranquility after a hard days work, with great people, Olive Branch is the home for you. Not to mention the great schools here. This link may help you Desoto County Schools. Good luck and don't worry, it will definitely be worth the wait.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 PM

91 posts, read 271,901 times
Default Go OB

Robert that photo was a breath of fresh air. I had a family of deer cross in front of me on Center Hill road one morning as I was traveling into work. There was a family of five of those beautiful creatures. Just to witness them skip across the two lane road made my day. It's days like that which make me appreciate nature more.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 AM

As I mentioned earlier, I saw four deer in the same spot a few weeks ago. There is a large buck in the area but he stays hidden most of the time. A few years ago I did see him. I was working in the back yard and heard a strange "whoosh" sound. I stopped pulling weeds and stood up. "Whoosh". I turned around the buck was standing about 15 yards from me. I thought "So that is what a buck snort sounds like". I thought about replying with the same sound but logic took over and I didn't. What if he had considered it a challenge? I didn't want to take on a decent sized buck unless someone was filming it for "When Animals Attack 2".

Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 11,203 times
Hello,
can anyone recommend a good apartment complex in Southaven or Olive Branch? We are a family with a young child, looking to rent an apt. An elementary school nearby is a plus. Thanx!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:26 PM

My wife and I lived in Church Lake apartments right after moving to the area. We had family temporarily live in the apartments across the street from Church Lake. I'm not sure of the name though.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 PM

12,226 posts, read 17,945,423 times
I just to Olive Branch and I too love it! I live in an apartment complex called Annandale Apartment on Hacks Cross and Nichols Blvd, right next to Sonic's.
We used to live in Midtown.
My question is, what pre-school would my son ( he will be 5 next year )attend living in that area. Also, what is this part of Olive Branch called?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM

12,226 posts, read 17,945,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindarue View Post
Hello,
can anyone recommend a good apartment complex in Southaven or Olive Branch? We are a family with a young child, looking to rent an apt. An elementary school nearby is a plus. Thanx!

I just moved to Annandale Apartments off of Hacks Cross. The Vineyards are really nice too but a little bit expensive, for me anyways. But they are almost brand new and only around the corner from Down Town OB.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM

5 posts, read 11,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I just moved to Annandale Apartments off of Hacks Cross. The Vineyards are really nice too but a little bit expensive, for me anyways. But they are almost brand new and only around the corner from Down Town OB.
Looks great!! Thanx a lot!
Can you hear your neigbors, or is it ok? And if you know, how far is the elementary school from there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or