U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM

50 posts, read 77,230 times

Advertisements

I was listening to Micheal Savage tonight and he makes a "clever" remark about Tiger Woods going to a sex clinic in Hattiesburg. He talks about how he thinks it is odd for a sex addiction clinic to be existing in that area since the women there must be dogs to look at. What a jerk! I am a conservative and I usually like him, but if he just bashed Southern women I think I am done with his show. If you are a native of the area, can you please enlighten me on where his joke is stemming from? Or does he just think he is cute for bashing Southern women?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM

107 posts, read 346,033 times
Who is Michael Savage? Never heard of him. - And why do you care what he thinks? Sounds like a "nobody".

------

Just did a quick Google check and found that he's just another one of those hate radio talk show buzzards / opportunists. Why waste your time listening to tripe?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 AM

16 posts, read 25,303 times
I listen to Savage, but didn't hear this comment regarding women in Hattiesburg. Maybe he's being provocative or he's just a bigot. I'm from California and while working in San Diego 25 years ago I met and married a 5'10" beautiful brunette, who happens to be from: Hattiesburg. And, in fact, I find the women down there stunning. What is in the water?

Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 AM

2,980 posts, read 7,288,476 times
He sounds like a good 'ole boy.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 AM

767 posts, read 2,002,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
He sounds like a good 'ole boy.
Perhaps you need to Google his name and read his background and then you will understand his biased statement.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
Perhaps you need to Google his name and read his background and then you will understand his biased statement.
What am I looking for?

I find his comments to be offensive being a woman myself.

Just found out he is banned from the U.K. He is also anti U.K.

Last edited by Scotslass; 01-31-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 01-31-2010, 09:10 AM

418 posts, read 1,362,447 times
Quote:
What am I looking for?

I find his comments to be offensive being a woman myself.

Just found out he is banned from the U.K. He is also anti U.K.
He is anti-just about everything.

Seriously, this guy is an embarassment to even the most die-hard conservatives; he loves to say that "liberalism is a mental disorder", but most of the time makes absolutely no sense himself. He makes Rush Limbaugh seem like Mother Teresa. Even the Supertalk Mississippi radio network finally ditched his show (at least in my area). Thankfully.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
He is anti-just about everything.

Seriously, this guy is an embarassment to even the most die-hard conservatives; he loves to say that "liberalism is a mental disorder", but most of the time makes absolutely no sense himself. He makes Rush Limbaugh seem like Mother Teresa. Even the Supertalk Mississippi radio network finally ditched his show (at least in my area). Thankfully.
Sounds like an extremist. From what i've heard I don't like him.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,350 times
I am a native of Hattiesburg, MS and find the comment very insulting. The women of this area don't resemble dogs or any other animals. I am so sick of people (whether in the media or not) making jokes about Southern women that often times they have not met or visited the area. I believe that the person that made this statement is an *******....let me rephrase that statement...he is an ignorant *******. He should visit the area before making that type of comment.

tru_southern_gyrl

Old 01-31-2010, 01:52 PM

767 posts, read 2,002,963 times
Quote:
What am I looking for?

This was taken from Wiki p.
Savage was born Michael Alan Weiner in the Bronx After graduating from Jamaica High School, Savage attended Queens College, where he earned a bachelor's degree in education and sociology. After college Savage taught high school for several years in New York City. He obtained a Ph.D. in 1978 from the University of California, Berkeley,

You will find that you have moved to a state that some folks just love to pick on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi