U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,818 times

Advertisements

I am a single mom of three kids. 11,10, and 7. I was raised in Jackson Ms. That was an experience, and I really don't wanna go through again. Im wanting to move back to MS, but not the city. I'm hoping to move to a peaceful quiet town. Im in no way racist. I love my black people, but not the ignorant one's that make the good one's like me look bad. I live in Alexandria, LA. Been here for about 8 years. Ready for a hugh change. Does these town/cities exsist in MS? I am a writer and crave my country settings.
Someone please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM

3,228 posts, read 4,189,461 times
One of the little towns out from Hattiesburg would probably be what you're looking for. I love it down there. The people are country and sophisticated at the same time, and not as moralistic as in so many places. Plus, it's really pretty down there, and the men are blonder and better looking, on average.

You'll be within driving distance of Southern: so the kids can go to an excellent university, without leaving home. And Southern will generate all sorts of cultural/social opportunities for you, as a writer. Sumrall, for one, has a microscopic downtown, that's cute as a button on a bug. And there are little burgs like that all around.

Sorry your experience with Alexandria has been so horrific. Wasn't that America's Murder Capitol, maybe a decade back?

Oh, and you might also want to look at New Albany. Entirely different climate zone, and a really pretty part of the state.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,598,798 times
You're looking for a peacful, quiet town? That describes almost the entire state. How small you do you have in mind? A few small towns with nice countryside that come to mind include Meadville, Lucedale, Columbia, Kosciusko, Booneville, Corinth, Ripley, Wesson, Eupora, Poplarville, Brookhaven. Since you're a writer you might consider a small town with a large community college which include several of the tows above.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM

579 posts, read 1,202,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS-LA-MS View Post
I am a single mom of three kids. 11,10, and 7. I was raised in Jackson Ms. That was an experience, and I really don't wanna go through again. Im wanting to move back to MS, but not the city. I'm hoping to move to a peaceful quiet town. Im in no way racist. I love my black people, but not the ignorant one's that make the good one's like me look bad. I live in Alexandria, LA. Been here for about 8 years. Ready for a hugh change. Does these town/cities exsist in MS? I am a writer and crave my country settings.
Someone please help
You could have left the "racist" part out of this request. Everything you're asking for is listed, racism wouldn't have come to my mind if you didn't say nothing about it. Ppl could have offered towns to you and you're on "city-data," you could have pull the city stats to determine the racial % of each town. You wanted to move back to MS and not the city .... where did you loving your black ppl come from?

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM

91 posts, read 311,032 times
If you are looking for a town along the coast, one with a good school system for your children, an "artistic" community with a great, funky little downtown and a "doable" drive to larger cities...come to Ocean Springs.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio View Post
You're looking for a peacful, quiet town? That describes almost the entire state. How small you do you have in mind? A few small towns with nice countryside that come to mind include Meadville, Lucedale, Columbia, Kosciusko, Booneville, Corinth, Ripley, Wesson, Eupora, Poplarville, Brookhaven. Since you're a writer you might consider a small town with a large community college which include several of the tows above.

Ahhh... Thank-you for your feed back!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
One of the little towns out from Hattiesburg would probably be what you're looking for. I love it down there. The people are country and sophisticated at the same time, and not as moralistic as in so many places. Plus, it's really pretty down there, and the men are blonder and better looking, on average.

You'll be within driving distance of Southern: so the kids can go to an excellent university, without leaving home. And Southern will generate all sorts of cultural/social opportunities for you, as a writer. Sumrall, for one, has a microscopic downtown, that's cute as a button on a bug. And there are little burgs like that all around.

Sorry your experience with Alexandria has been so horrific. Wasn't that America's Murder Capitol, maybe a decade back?

Oh, and you might also want to look at New Albany. Entirely different climate zone, and a really pretty part of the state.
Thank-you for your feed back. I have been hearing good things so far about Hattiesburg. This has been much needed help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi