U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,707 times

Advertisements

I'm from Raleigh, NC and I'm on travel right now in Laurel. I've been here for around 36 hours now and had to get online and write something about this place.

This place is the most disgusting, God forsaken town that I've seen in a long time. Right now there are about 15 people, drunk, running around screaming a bunch of ebonic jibberish that is the poorest attempt to speak English that I've ever heard. I had to drive through some neighborhoods today and had 3 people stare me down, apparently because I'm driving a car, since they were all walking. I've never really hated any place, even where I was in Iraq, but this place is horrible.

As far as a historic district, this town's population is less than 20K, so even that can't possibly be far enough away from the filth that lives here.

No offense, but you're insane, and so is anyone else that would move here, especially after visiting.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,925 times
kmill23, Good for you for choosing to live in Laurel. My husband and I, from Massachusettes of all places, bought his grandmother's house in Ellisville. Jones County is the friendliest, dearest place on the planet. Education-wise we have much in common with you. My husband is a retired EE PhD and I have a background in teaching and museum collections. My husband is a cyclist and used to travel all over for rides, but alas we are more than old enough to be your parents. We have two grown sons in distant parts who have even more in common with you. We have had our house for five years, survivied Katrina unscathed, and are now looking forward to giving up our Mass. residence and relocating to Ellisville permanently.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:24 AM

9 posts, read 49,492 times
Thank you, miss eliza.

It sure is refreshing to hear some good things about Laurel. It's also nice to hear that people with similar interests and occupations as me can enjoy the town. I honestly am excited to move up there. We should be closing on our house May 28 (a week after our wedding :-D).

Every time I've been to Laurel recently (and I've been there quite often recently) I find something else I like about it.

I'm a big fan of coffee and quiet coffee shops, and I stopped by Signature Coffee House off of Central Ave. I really liked this place! I had a really delicious mocha, and the people were quite nice.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,098 times
Hi, my family of 4 are moving to the area in August..I would like to know of any homes available for rent. I have seen many nice listings to buy, which we ofcourse will be doing in the future,however there is nothing coming up for rentals..If anyone out there knows anyone with a rental that wouldn't mind having a nice family staying there I would appreciate some info..we are looking mostly in the Soso area, and definitely prefer staying in the west Jones school district. I only know about that school district if anyone has any comments about the rest of them please let me know.. Preferably 3 bdrm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi