Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 AM
tjt tjt started this thread

4 posts, read 17,694 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My family is also thinking about moving to the Hattiesburg area for job related reasons. Both my husband and myself were born and raised in Floirda and have never moved away from here. So.. a move is really scary for us. When we were younger gowing up in the Lakeland, Floirda area it was much smaller, less crowed, and much cheaper to live.. of course. But all the hussle and bustle and over crowdedness is driving us crazy now. My husband has the opportunity to move for job related reasons to the Hattiesburg area. We would like a small town maybe outside of the city of Hattiesburg to live in that's not so busy. - but also not too far from Hattiesburg. We were thinking about Petal but would like more information on the taxes and fees..etc that was metioned above. Are you saying that Sumrall is much cheaper on property taxes, etc??? It is further away form Hattiesburg, correct? We are by far not wealthy people and were looking to buy around the 150k to 180k amount. Is it possible in a nice neighborhood for maybe 3/4 of an acre or so? That's what we have here and is plenty of property for us, but not door to door. Is there any place in Petal or Sumrall that you can tell us to stay away from? We have many, many places here in Lakeland, Floirda that I would diffently not live. We just don't want to make a mistake in our area of choosing. We are planning a trip the 1st week of July to look around. Can you give us any suggested areas in looking? We also thought about finding a realtor to help with some information. - taxes, electric, water, cable pricing etc. We just want to get as much information and do as much research as possible before we make a move. I know I may be asking a lot - but any information will help.

Thanks for help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,959 times
A friend of mine-no means wealthy-got a lovely 3bd 2ba home with land in Petal about two years ago. The price was in your range. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about the housing possibilities in H'burg as well as Petal. I recently got a new neighbor who just moved from Florida to downsize and retire. He seems very pleased. There are quiet neighborhods within the city, in Petal, and Oak Grove to the west.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 AM
tjt tjt started this thread

4 posts, read 17,694 times
Thanks for the info. We are looking foward to a visit in Juy.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 8,122 times
You will be pleasantly surprised with area. The cost of living is reasonable. As well, Hattiesburg is a pleasant place to stay and has the "small town" feeling as well. Good Luck with the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: