U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:56 AM
BTP BTP started this thread

1 posts, read 5,860 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving to Olive Branch, MS. Anyone know of subdivisions I should AVOID? Also, do you know if there is an Episcopal church there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2006, 03:32 PM

3 posts, read 10,698 times
Thumbs up Olive Branch

My brother lives in the Plantation sub. area. He likes it, but they are working on the Riverdale Road to widen... Sort of a mess til that is finished. But, he loves to Golf and this is across from the Plantation Golf sub.
I know they have great schools, my brother has been happy with it...

Tina Sansone

Old 04-25-2006, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,853 times
Default Episcopal Church in Olive Branch

Hi, The Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross is located in Olive Branch, MS. Please visit our website at www.holycrossolivebranch.org

Old 06-07-2006, 12:37 PM

61 posts, read 249,911 times
Post Olive Branch

Hello,

There are not any churches of your affiliation in Olive Branch. Sorry. They are all out in Memphis, Germantown, and Bartlett. As far as what subdivisions to avoid, avoid any homes built by Reeves and Williams inless you want a house that is just bare minimum on code. The studs are usually 24 inches apart, which is the maxium, which leads to electrical problems. Most of their electrical boxes will not support the weight of a large chandlier or an average ceiling fan. The circuit breakers are maxed out! If you have two bathrooms and use a hair dryer in both, the breaker trips. Also, it is usually a pain to run additional wire in the house, due to the attics either being very low (trust me, I have helped my dad numerous times with electrical work in their homes, and I am 120 lbs and 5'2" and still have difficulties).

Again, this is just my opinion.

Vicki

Old 08-02-2006, 07:04 PM

4 posts, read 21,437 times
Default Builders to avoid

I agree. I have heard numerous homeowners talk about problems with them (Reeves Williams). They slap houses up in 60-90 days and have also heard of numerous issues of bricks falling off the houses etc.
There are PLENTY good builders and nice subdivisions here too. I would just avoid the large scale cookie cutter neighborhoods with some of these builders that offer cheap square footage. You do usually get what you pay for...

Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 PM

5 posts, read 43,177 times
There are many neighborhoods to avoid. You really need to visit first hand to get a feel for the area.

removed

Last edited by Marka; 08-08-2006 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-28-2006, 11:58 PM

27 posts, read 137,795 times
Avoid the Center Hill Middle/High School district. This is a new school with many inexperienced teachers. Many have never taught the subjects they are teaching. The principal is a complete ******* and runs the school like a prison. The moral there is very, very low.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 PM

6 posts, read 28,710 times
Just for another opinion....my son goes to Center Hill Elementary (not middle or HS, but) we are very pleased with the school. Wonderful year so far! You really need to go visit the schools yourself. Everyone has different needs and expectations. The best to you!

Barbara
Olive Branch

Old 04-14-2007, 05:39 AM

12 posts, read 73,615 times
The only one I can think of is Chatuea Ridge, it is ghetto. Other than that if you make real good money don't move to Magnolia Estates, you can live in almost any other area of Olive Branch in a much better house. Magnolia Estates is okay, but the houses are older and cheaper, just not real spacious.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 18,969 times
Look down Center Hill Road and across College/Church roads. Memphis crime hasn't gotten down this far. The closer you are to 302 (Goodman Road) the less you're home will be worth.

As far as Center Hill goes...the elementary school is the best in the county. Outstanding faculty and PTO support. The dictator at the HS will be gone soon. Desoto Central and Olive Branch high schools are seeing more drugs and gangs - the local media is doing a nice job of keeping it out of the papers though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi