U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 PM

767 posts, read 2,005,276 times

Advertisements

Day 49
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
It isn't being ignored. You seem to lack google on your computer.

Obama deals with oil spill of 'national significance'
Obama deals with oil spill of 'national significance' - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obama Administration Escalates Response to Gulf Oil Spill
U.S. Escalates Response to Gulf Oil Spill - WSJ.com

I found the Google button.

44 - Gibbs: Obama hasn't talked to Hayward because BP board calls the shots

Like I said.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,482,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
Is there some secret you think that Hayward has and is keeping from the world and will only whisper sweetly into Obama's ear only?
I have no idea what you think Obama can do that is not being done.
The last time any thing like this happened in the gulf it took 10 months to stop and it was in about 200 ft of water not 5,000 ft.

http://dcbureau.org/Environment/texa...hs-to-cap.html

Go back and do some more historical googling.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Is there some secret you think that Hayward has and is keeping from the world and will only whisper sweetly into Obama's ear only?
I have no idea what you think Obama can do that is not being done.
The last time any thing like this happened in the gulf it took 10 months to stop and it was in about 200 ft of water not 5,000 ft.

Texas A&M News: Déj* vu: 1979 Oil Spill Like Today’s, But Took 10 Months To Cap

Go back and do some more historical googling.
Obama to meet BP Chairman at White House June 16 | Reuters

Looks like he has decided to meet someone in BP. Now he will find out whose ass to kick.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM

2,037 posts, read 4,561,857 times
Quote:

Looks like he has decided to meet someone in BP. Now he will find out whose ass to kick.
thats such an unproffessional and unpresidential way to go about things. Im pretty embarrased that he actually said that.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,623,807 times
You know--so much is being made of that quote. Matt Lauer asked him why he hadn't "called BP and ---err---gave them a piece of your mind." Then Obama replied he has to know "whose ass to kick" because that is what Matt Lauer was saying and Obama knew it and so did everyone watching. Big deal

Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 PM

30 posts, read 93,102 times
I'm honestly just waiting for when BP is going to get tired of being kicked around. Listen, they are only liable for $75 million in damages according to US LAW. BP has paid alot more than that already, they are paying alot faster than they have to....hell, if you look at the numbers, BP is actually being more effective and is paying claims faster than the US government handles welfare or social security.

Also, as much as I respect LA for saying they want to go ahead and create their own artificial barrier islands... I don't think they quite realize that the USA doesn't have the technology to do that. I mean, the USA has 3 deepwater dredge barges that can do the job, one on the gulf, one on the east coast, and one on the west coast. ...and we have a small one, but it's really just being pulled around the great lakes. But, that's okay, the Dutch has their fleet of ships down in the Carribean just waiting for us to call them to bail us out.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM

2,037 posts, read 4,561,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC266 View Post
I'm honestly just waiting for when BP is going to get tired of being kicked around. Listen, they are only liable for $75 million in damages according to US LAW. BP has paid alot more than that already, they are paying alot faster than they have to....hell, if you look at the numbers, BP is actually being more effective and is paying claims faster than the US government handles welfare or social security.

Also, as much as I respect LA for saying they want to go ahead and create their own artificial barrier islands... I don't think they quite realize that the USA doesn't have the technology to do that. I mean, the USA has 3 deepwater dredge barges that can do the job, one on the gulf, one on the east coast, and one on the west coast. ...and we have a small one, but it's really just being pulled around the great lakes. But, that's okay, the Dutch has their fleet of ships down in the Carribean just waiting for us to call them to bail us out.
well, if the Arabs in Dubai could get over 100 artificial islands made, then we should be able to manage building a couple.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 PM

30 posts, read 93,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
well, if the Arabs in Dubai could get over 100 artificial islands made, then we should be able to manage building a couple.
Right, that's the thing... they contracted out the Dutch. ...actually, to be exact, the dutch ships that we'll be using are part of the fleet they have working on the islands for the UAE. Actually, it's pretty amazing, the EPA doesn't like them, but they use actual cannons to throw the sand through the air and into the neighboring ships that dump the sand.

...of course, when hurricanes/tropical storms start up, it's going to be bad with the oil in the water because those same islands will be overrun, and those same islands that are supposed to be keeping the oil out will then be keeping the oil in.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:09 PM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,482,957 times
Quote:

Now you're talking McCarey.
What's say we make a million printing up shirts that say
"Whose Ass do I have to Kick to get the Gulf Cleaned up?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or