U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,901 times
Question Any tips on how to pick up ABC, FOX, & PBS w/antenna in Missoula

So here's the skinny:

I live in Missoula, in the South Hills, on Whitaker Drive. I've been getting basic cable so i could get all the locals, but i'm tired of paying for tv since all i watch is mainly locals anyway.

So i got me one of them antennas for $30 at Wal-Mart, got a digital converter box for free from a friend, and hooked everything up. I get CBS & NBC and two other channels but haven't figgered out how to get PBS & ABC.

i really gotta get PBS b/c i love their documentaries & news programs. I love the picture quality on the channels i do get but if i don't get those two channels i'm going to seriously have to consider keeping cable. And i don't wanna do that b/c the picture quality is better with OTA, and i don't wanna pay anymore.

Anyone have any tips on how to get those channels? Like where is best to point antenna, etc?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 PM

175 posts, read 167,233 times
Sounds like a job for Radio Shack. I guess the first question I will ask is PBS digital yet? In Philly it took a few channels a while to catch on. They were busy battling Concast, COMCAST, for channel space...blah blah blah...

Depending on the digital receiver you have, age wise, it may not be set up to get all of the reception as well.

Now Radio PriceShock, (Shack)will have everything you need. But it'll cost ya...maybe.

I guess the old days of tin foil extensions are gone....

Last edited by gfunkerror; 02-24-2012 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: sarcastic works better if spelled out

Old 02-28-2012, 10:47 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,992,332 times
If you get a directional antenna, aim it at Snowbowl. I think most of the local TV transmitters are up there on TV mountain.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:17 PM

175 posts, read 167,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDavidStutts View Post
So here's the skinny:

I live in Missoula, in the South Hills, on Whitaker Drive. I've been getting basic cable so i could get all the locals, but i'm tired of paying for tv since all i watch is mainly locals anyway.

So i got me one of them antennas for $30 at Wal-Mart, got a digital converter box for free from a friend, and hooked everything up. I get CBS & NBC and two other channels but haven't figgered out how to get PBS & ABC.

i really gotta get PBS b/c i love their documentaries & news programs. I love the picture quality on the channels i do get but if i don't get those two channels i'm going to seriously have to consider keeping cable. And i don't wanna do that b/c the picture quality is better with OTA, and i don't wanna pay anymore.

Anyone have any tips on how to get those channels? Like where is best to point antenna, etc?
Any resolution?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 AM

26 posts, read 32,702 times
If you go to AntennaWeb - Home, and enter your zip code/address, it should provide you with enough information regarding the location of broadcast towers, and types of antenna best suited for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula