U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM

9 posts, read 60,697 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for answering my questions. When the time comes we will look into the areas you all talked about. Yeah, taxes are a concern but coming from Bismarck I don't think it will be all that bad. Taxes here are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!! My friend who lives in town has a 2400 sq ft house and no yard pays 5700.00 a year. Last year she had to pay 6200.

We may rent for awhile because of the situation of the mortgage business but I am looking forward for a new adventure in a state I love.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 03:52 PM

8 posts, read 58,005 times
I live just outside of Stevensville, 2100 s.f. house on 3+ acres, 2100 s.f. house, and pay ~$2500/yr in taxes. Stevensville schools are very good. We paid just over $1000 in property taxes 7 years ago, but we added a substantial addition to it so taxes went up accordingly.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM

70 posts, read 300,563 times
I'm also from Stevensville (small world, eh?) and would definitely encourage you to check on it! The only issues that come to mind are the drug issues... pot and meth are HUGE in the Bitterroot. I'm not suggesting that your kids would become involved, but just something to be wary of.

Hamilton is too far for most people to commute to Missoula (an hour coming, an hour going), but Stevensville is better with a 30 minute commute on a good day. You'll find that Florence and Lolo are closer to Missoula and, while smaller than Stevensville, are also quite attractive towns.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 36,704 times
I have never lived or been in Montana, and I have no Idea what sent me looking at city profiles in Montana. But in this area, "Orchard Homes" (Zip Code 59804) seems nice. Other towns around Missoula and that were mentioned have a large number of sex offenders (which I would be concerned about if i had children), "Orchard Homes" has none. City-Data also stated that "Orchard Homes" has lower taxes than the state average, which i see was a concern. It's also really close to Missoula (which seems to have a good mall and culture) but still has a population of only 5,000. House prices have a wide range: $85,000 - $1,750,000. The schools in town are: TARGET RANGE SCHOOL (Students: 291 ) And TARGET RANGE 7-8 (Students: 111) and I think they go to a High School In Missoula.

Orchard Homes, Montana (MT) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news
59804 Zip Code (Orchard Homes, Montana) Detailed Profile - residents and real estate info

Good Luck! I hope my out of town reseach helped = )

Last edited by AshleyAdelphi; 11-19-2007 at 01:37 PM..

Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 20,681 times
Corvallis has the best school system, Hamilton is very 'cliquish' and Stevensville is known as the drug school of the valley. If you live in Lolo your children will bus to Big Sky in Missoula which is a great school, much larger than any school in the valley.

The nice thing about living in Lolo or Frenchtown are the quick commutes to Missoula.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 20,681 times
Default Orchard Homes = Missoula Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAdelphi View Post
I have never lived or been in Montana, and I have no Idea what sent me looking at city profiles in Montana. But in this area, "Orchard Homes" (Zip Code 59804) seems nice. Other towns around Missoula and that were mentioned have a large number of sex offenders (which I would be concerned about if i had children), "Orchard Homes" has none. City-Data also stated that "Orchard Homes" has lower taxes than the state average, which i see was a concern. It's also really close to Missoula (which seems to have a good mall and culture) but still has a population of only 5,000. House prices have a wide range: $85,000 - $1,750,000. The schools in town are: TARGET RANGE SCHOOL (Students: 291 ) And TARGET RANGE 7-8 (Students: 111) and I think they go to a High School In Missoula.

Orchard Homes, Montana (MT) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news
59804 Zip Code (Orchard Homes, Montana) Detailed Profile - residents and real estate info

Good Luck! I hope my out of town reseach helped = )

Orchard Homes is just a neighborhood in West Missoula off of Reserve Street.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 609 times
My sister and I are relocating to Montana For she was offered a job in Missoula and we are looking for a place to rent in the country for we have dogs and do not want any problems with neighbors can anyone suggest some place that is not to expensive or that is rent to own or something. We are moving in about 3 weeks and we have been looking everywhere and she even had a agent looking but nothing has come through and it looks as if we are going to end up in a hotel or something which we do not want to do Please Help. My e-mail is [email]FourJesus1964@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 09-07-2017, 07:44 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,722,641 times
1) Missoula is a college town. That drives up rents. It also provides a surplus of workers.
2) Missoula is "purdy" and has lots of AirBNB rentals. That drives up rents.
3) Missoula has killed it's local manufacturing economy and now feeds off of tourism and some retail. People haven't moved away and that means there's a surplus of workers. They can't afford to rent in town so they move out of town and drive up rents there.

Low wages and sky high rental prices. Unless you are coming with large sacks of money in the trunk, I'd recommend turning down the job and going elsewhere and especially if it is at the U.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or