U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
 
5 posts, read 25,047 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Oh... also.. is western Montana home to most of the lakes of the state? I like to boat fish with my boy. Is Montana cracking down on motorized boats the way other states are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 2,155,765 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybordolphin View Post
Oh... also.. is western Montana home to most of the lakes of the state? I like to boat fish with my boy. Is Montana cracking down on motorized boats the way other states are?
Yes, Western Montana is where the lakes are. You can use motorized boats pretty much anywhere, for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 09:03 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Reputation: 3535
Oh give me a break ! Look at a decent topo map, I'm in North central Montana and this place has frigging lakes all over. Hundreds of smaller ones where you never see anyone and quite a few huge ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Oh give me a break ! Look at a decent topo map, I'm in North central Montana and this place has frigging lakes all over. Hundreds of smaller ones where you never see anyone and quite a few huge ones.
You're right, but somehow those lakes just don't make it into the public consciousness -- even for MT residents. How many people spend a vacation at Fort Peck or Tiber Reservoir? Tiber is just this huge puddle in the middle of the grasslands with not a tree in sight, doesn't look like anyone's idea of a resort area... but if you want peace and quiet it's hard to beat, if only because you'll be there all by yourself, just you and the grass and the wind.

Dang, I just described my notion of heaven on earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
 
15 posts, read 40,752 times
Reputation: 21
This is my first time looking at Montana threads. I just read mtboys joke from 7/08. I laughed so hard. By the way, I live in Bootjack,CA. My brother lives in Superior,MT. So what do you think of that area? Like other small town Californians(I'm actually 4th generation Oregonian), too many city folk have moved here,Jacked up property prices,crashed property prices, stripped and paved anything they deemed unsightly. My husband & I just want to go fishin'. And dang it, I want his butt back huntin' again too. I know we don't want any city, but my bro says Superior is nice andsmall.Comments????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
 
Location: MT
155 posts, read 639,377 times
Reputation: 139
Thanks, I am glad it put a smile on someones face. Sorry don't know much about Superior. I am sure it is a nice community like all of them round MT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Reputation: 3535
On Tiber on "The Island" near the marina on the right side is a road that goes down to a great spot that motor-homes cant get down into. There are trees, the wind blows off the lake towards you so bugs aren't a big problem, and the water is great. We had the place to ourselves.
Now as to Superior, It's a fine little river town but it is right off the freeway also. We went to a rodeo there at the county fair and the announcer stopped the rodeo at one point to tell a joke. Here is the joke (mind you you can walk about with beers at this fair) !
Joke; Why do they give Viagra to the old guys in the old folks home ?
Answer; So they don't roll out of bed !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Montana
1,219 posts, read 2,812,080 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
You're right, but somehow those lakes just don't make it into the public consciousness -- even for MT residents. How many people spend a vacation at Fort Peck or Tiber Reservoir? Tiber is just this huge puddle in the middle of the grasslands with not a tree in sight, doesn't look like anyone's idea of a resort area... but if you want peace and quiet it's hard to beat, if only because you'll be there all by yourself, just you and the grass and the wind.

Dang, I just described my notion of heaven on earth
Shhhhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
 
3 posts, read 9,865 times
Reputation: 10
Thats gotta be the saddest thing Ive ever heard! No wonder you're down on Fresno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 11:49 PM
 
3 posts, read 9,865 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
On Tiber on "The Island" near the marina on the right side is a road that goes down to a great spot that motor-homes cant get down into. There are trees, the wind blows off the lake towards you so bugs aren't a big problem, and the water is great. We had the place to ourselves.
Now as to Superior, It's a fine little river town but it is right off the freeway also. We went to a rodeo there at the county fair and the announcer stopped the rodeo at one point to tell a joke. Here is the joke (mind you you can walk about with beers at this fair) !
Joke; Why do they give Viagra to the old guys in the old folks home ?
Answer; So they don't roll out of bed !
Roll guards...Stop! You're killing me! So hey.. you hear about the two Irishmen that walked out of a bar? ...........It could happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top