U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 03:02 PM

281 posts, read 727,168 times

Advertisements

My first question is, What is wrong with Partnership Health Care in Missoula, and why are they suddenly mistreating some of their patients? I have been seen there in the past a few times. I went recently and noticed how their secretary was absolutely rude toward patients and whomever she was on the phone with. I spoke with a few other patients in the waiting area who said they were tired of being "treated like s$#@". I've gone to Partnership in the past and never encountered the nastiness I got from the nurse AND the doctor.

My second question is, Why is the local public school suddenly pushing the flu vaccine?

My daughter is to begin Kindergarten next year. I do not want her to have the flu vaccine. I think this flu vaccine causes more trouble than it's worth, since my neice ended up injured from a flu shot and had to be hospitalized for two months.

I have never taken a flu vaccine and have gotten the flu a hand full of times my entire life. I truly believe this scare over the flu has gotten out of hand. The vaccine used to be reserved for the elderly or immune compromised. Now they want healthy babies getting this shot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 AM

305 posts, read 777,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart View Post

My second question is, Why is the local public school suddenly pushing the flu vaccine?

My daughter is to begin Kindergarten next year. I do not want her to have the flu vaccine. I think this flu vaccine causes more trouble than it's worth, since my neice ended up injured from a flu shot and had to be hospitalized for two months.
I'm sure this will open a can of worms but you do know you can get exemptions from the mandatory vaccines?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,886,345 times
If you want to share, what were the complications from the flu shot? We always give the information but I have never met anyone who has had a reaction.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,151,552 times
It's all part of the national trend....flu vaccines are being encouraged for more and more people. I'll be getting mine on 11/18 this year....

Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 AM

281 posts, read 727,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
If you want to share, what were the complications from the flu shot? We always give the information but I have never met anyone who has had a reaction.

Within hours after the vaccine, she had a fever of 104. Began convulsing on the way to the hospital in the car.

They could not get the fever to come down past 103 for hours. They had to administer anti viral medication. Once the fever was brought down, a rash devloped all over her body, blisters, which broke open and were painful. She could not eat since they were in her mouth and throat.

Once they thought they were out of the woods, the vomiting and diarrhea began. They had to try three different types of medications to get the vomiting under control. The diarrhea went on for well over a week.

Once things settled down, chronic leg and arm pains began and still have not gone away. She has days where she says walking across the floor....hurts.
My neice will be spending I don't know how long, enduring tests to find out why her legs hurt, and why walking hurts. I'm angry.

There's no honesty about how dangerous the risk can be. Just like with this new Gardasil. It's one big medical experiment folks, and we are the guinea pigs.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Quote:
Within hours after the vaccine, she had a fever of 104. Began convulsing on the way to the hospital in the car.

They could not get the fever to come down past 103 for hours. They had to administer anti viral medication. Once the fever was brought down, a rash devloped all over her body, blisters, which broke open and were painful. She could not eat since they were in her mouth and throat.

Once they thought they were out of the woods, the vomiting and diarrhea began. They had to try three different types of medications to get the vomiting under control. The diarrhea went on for well over a week.

Once things settled down, chronic leg and arm pains began and still have not gone away. She has days where she says walking across the floor....hurts.
My neice will be spending I don't know how long, enduring tests to find out why her legs hurt, and why walking hurts. I'm angry.

There's no honesty about how dangerous the risk can be. Just like with this new Gardasil. It's one big medical experiment folks, and we are the guinea pigs.
I'm sorry to hear that but you must realize that "some" people are allergic to "some" medications no matter what they are it doesn't mean they're all unsafe or untested. My wifes boss got an allergic reaction to last years shot where the injection site swelled and itched and then went away and nobody knows exactly why (her husband's a pharmacist btw).

I understand your anger but there is NO medication on this planet that is "completely" safe for everyone including vitamins. It could've been something in the base fluid that the med is in like eggs since if I remember right they have used egg whites as a transport before. I've seen warnings for injectable meds that warn away people who are allergic to eggs in the past.
I'm guessing she has an allergy to something in the med, it's not a live virus like the nose swabs or sprays so that's kind of perplexing. I hope y'all are close to finding out what happened, keep pushing for an answer.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 PM

174 posts, read 861,167 times
Quote:
You nailed that one down. People need to research and ask and ask questions and research. Gardasil is a crock. The research on it was garbage and the media info is sound bytes and garbage as well. We mandate Hep A for children who don't get very sick with it, because we want to protect adults. I could go on and on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula