Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM

152 posts, read 627,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&G View Post
Hmmmmmm.... Meth is a drug of rural backround....a lot of farm communities have a bigger problem....... Hate extreme political correctness and absurd Liberalism's ...........

Here in No. Calif. it's not just a "rural" thing. They cook in upscale/luxury homes, cars, vans, boats, apartments, garages, motel rooms, etc......
The Island I live near on the SAC. DELTA is Bethel Island AKA: Methal Island

It's cheap a drug to make and according to my B.I.L. (a former "cook" ) they now have a substance to use that hides the tell-tale odor.

I too hate extreme PC, especially revisionism as far as historical events are concerned......what's done is already done, don't rename/rewrite it!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Speaking of the meth problem, it does seem to have taken over the drug scene in many small communities, particularly in the midwest. There was a very good documentary on one of the education channels about it and how it is rampant in places like Kansas and Nebraska. It's probably the most addictive and destructive drug you can think of but you really can't escape it by moving to a remote location because it's everywhere. I guess all a parent can do is make sure their kids really are educated about this problem. People who take this for ten years will look like they've aged 40 years if they're still alive.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM

373 posts, read 1,853,125 times
Watch HBO on Mardch 18 for a documentary on Montana's meth problem by the Montana Meth Project. You will be shocked. We have been very lucky to have been given the Montana Meth Project, arguably the nation's most aggressive anti-meth campaign aimed at youth. Preliminary numbers suggest that the campaign may be starting to make a dent.

For more info on meth use in Montana, go here:

http://www.montanameth.org/documents...pact041906.PDF.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM

152 posts, read 627,913 times
Default tweekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
There was a very good documentary on one of the education channels about it and how it is rampant in places like Kansas and Nebraska........ it's everywhere.......... People who take this for ten years will look like they've aged 40 years if they're still alive.
I believe I recently saw this and yes! it was excellent....
I am an RN, and believe me, the "meth look" , there is nothing else that resembles it....you can spot these people yards away "tweeking".

Old 03-01-2007, 07:05 PM
G&G G&G started this thread

25 posts, read 116,621 times
well, we mainly picked the Missoula area because of beauty...and the Bozeman area used to intrest us greatly but we think that has gotten out of control expensive. We are looking for land to build our own house. We have always contracted our homes ourselves and there for we have plenty of equity currently to put twords Montana. Yes, I realize you all out there think it is soooo expensive, but we think it is just as much money here or even more for the type of land we are interested in.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
G&G G&G started this thread

25 posts, read 116,621 times
Default Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
I'm just tired of most everyone looking at Californians as liberal not all of us are.
johns65vette, sorry about that, I should not generalize....I know the feeling being from Minnesota!

Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,266 times
Aye... property in Missoula is much cheaper than in most areas of the "lower 47" (my name for the Continental US outside Montana) :P

BZN is another story entirely, of course.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:20 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,729 times
White House Cites Montana Meth Project As Model For The Nation

Old 03-03-2007, 03:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
[/IMG]They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Just show this to your kids if they don't believe that meth is destructive.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:11 PM

495 posts, read 493,027 times
i seriously doubt the meth program is doing any good, if meth use is diminishing it is simply because it is falling out of fashion for whatever reason, probably a new drug of choice.
First off, having been a kid myself once, kids know what drugs can do more than their parents, like we saw thru the "Refer Madness" movie kids today see thru this phoney meth project.
Besides the worse and more dangerous you make the drug seem, the more prestege the kids get from doing in it in the eyes of their peers.
You want to really get rid of drugs..................STOP talking about it all together, the less you say about drugs the less the kids will be inclined to use them, if they lose there 'bad boy' image, Stop celebrities from say "How I got over my addiction".............kids see that as I want to act like my hero and do drugs and then over come my addiction, just like my hero did, and he turned out alright, drugs kinda made him famous......AND FINALLY STOP all treatment programs, look at taking drugs as walking a high wire, and you put up a safty net....everyones gonna wanna try it, take away the safety net, let'em see what really happens when you walk the tight rope and watch how fast drug use drops, the few that do walk the wire perish fast and the bad blood is out of society instead of rehabing it, then back out on the street to sell and get more kids involved in drugs.....STOP treatment and 90 percent of your drug problem with disappear. Not to mention all the money you'd save. After all we did have a lot less drug problem before we all got into all these drug..."talk about it" and rehab programs. All we've managed to do is glorify it, and give kids a go a head try it, you can always go into rehap if you get in trouble.....the government will never stop drug use the way they are going about it now, and that is perfectly alright with them, because it big business for them, lots of programs, beauracrates, and spending money. If the govenment ever did actually start diminishing drug use, there would be less need for government programs, and that means less governemt jobs. And no government beauracrate wants a smaller budget.
Don't beleive me I don't expect you too......I speak from experience

Last edited by JoeJoeMan; 03-03-2007 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula