Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM

110 posts, read 322,178 times

Advertisements

Hi- I am considering going to law school. Currently I attend the U of Montana, but wanted to get some unbiased opinions from people who have attended that program, or know of people who have. I want to know if it is a good program to attend, what they specialize in, how difficult is the process to get accepted, etc.... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have a wife and kids, and I'm an older student looking for a career change during these difficult economic times.
Thanks for your response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM

369 posts, read 1,454,902 times
I am not a graduate of the School of Law at the University but a graduate of the University.

The School has a very good reputation in the NW. There are some controversies there particularly when Professor Rob Natelson makes an opinion. Rob is 1st Amendment and Constitutional expert of the highest order having studied and practiced law but is also a student of American History. So when he makes an announcement about the "intent of the Founders" it usually runs counter to liberal conventional wisdom at the University and in Missoula and sets off a minor firestorm. Love listening to the guy.

The UM School of Law has done well over the years in National Moot Court competition usually placing at or near the top. You might want to research that part. Harvard it is not, but staff by real professors and attended by real people.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,651 times
the best advice i can give you is to get the Princeton Review. U of M is a Liberal school, so it depended on your views. Princeton review, which rate the schools every years says the you have a pretty good chance of getting in, with a average LSAT of around 154. the school is a 3teir out of 4. So, thats like a C average. you might have some people try to be competve but the school nationally is not nationally competitive. I know that they are building a complex on Campus for the law students there. there are times where there wasent any place for them so they would have it outdoors. (if I spend that kind of money i would want awarm building to be in.)

Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCATS View Post
I know that they are building a complex on Campus for the law students there. there are times where there wasent any place for them so they would have it outdoors. (if I spend that kind of money i would want awarm building to be in.)
Shoot... I think if more lawyers understood what it was like to be cold and uncomfortable we might have more good ones... I'd even go so far as to say an infantry style boot camp for lawyers as a requirement for the bar would be a good idea!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,643 times
Red face University of Montana School of Law

I am starting law school at University of Montana this fall and would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with the legal program there, and with the community of Missoula in general. I read another older post about how U of M's law school isn't "Harvard", which is quite obvious, so I'd like to know if anyone out there knows anything POSITIVE about U of M School of Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula