Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I know it's a left wing rag throwaway but for it to exist does show where the town may be headed don't you think? At the least it shows there is some kind of market thinking that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 02:48 PM

47 posts, read 202,590 times
I agree, there is a segment of the population that thinks that way. I just don't get why certain areas of state go out of their way to bad mouth Missoula.

FYI: I am not a California transplant,I don't consider my polical or social beliefs to be ultra liberal, and I am a Montana native.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:20 PM

495 posts, read 492,879 times
jimj wrote:
Quote:
Geeze, joejoe why did you have to tell me about that paper? Too much info! I think I'm going to go wash out my eyes . If that paper is an indication of how missoula is going I think I will quit driving there. Boy it looks like a real left wing rag for sure. The only thing missining from the front page was some kind of "I hate Bush/Cheney" banner.
Don't worry "I hate Bush/Cheney" will probably in next week's edition..

jcbmontana wrote:
Quote:
The Missoula Indepedent is "the local left wing rag" as you would say. It does not fairly represent Missoula and their agenda is nearly as transparent as Joe's.
Now I'm not calling it a 'rag' you are, personally I wouldn't rate it that high.
But to say it's not representative of Missoula, you need to get out and about more in Missoula, the paper is everywhere about town, you can't hardly go into a store or place about town and not see a copy.
I have/had a few good friends in missoula that were gay, going back for some time, they've always told me that Missoula was know throughout the north west as a gay community. So there, I am transparent, I've come out of the closet, for all the see, I have gay friends..........so what, There's the article take away from it whatever you wish.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbmontana View Post
I agree, there is a segment of the population that thinks that way. I just don't get why certain areas of state go out of their way to bad mouth Missoula.

FYI: I am not a California transplant,I don't consider my polical or social beliefs to be ultra liberal, and I am a Montana native.
Jcb,
The reason some "bad mouth" Missoula IMO is you have to admit that things like that paper were spouting were as far from what most Montanans think about this state as you can get wouldn't you agree? I mean you would expect this in SF or Miami or New York or something but not "ride the bucking bronco,chop down the tree,kill a moose survival state Montana!

As for me, I wouldn't care if you were a transplant, you would surprised at how many are conservetive or at least moderate conservetive and that's par of the reason they flee CA. It doesn't matter where you are from if you have common sense and don't try to make this place where you came from than ok.... BTW I am a Californian but came here via Atlanta and North Carolina among other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
View detailed profiles of: