U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2010, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,449 times

Advertisements

Hi there.

I have a friend called Z that would be studying in U of Missouri, Columbia for the coming fall as international student. One problem arises, which is housing.

Z initially wants to sublease a room at a place called The Falls on [SIZE=-1] Bethel Ridge and she has already talked to that person, S that wants to sublease the room to Z. However, the manager in charge of the whole thing went out for vacation and Z is so afraid to lose the housing again (last time Z failed to reserve a room at a place called Brookside Town Home or something because she does not know the place requires a security deposit in order to reserve a room). At the same time, Z's senior managed to find a room at a place called The Reserve which Z will be more comfortable with since a few of Z's senior are living at The Reserve.

Okay so the whole problem is that Z wants to drop her decision to stay at The Falls(which S assumed that Z wanted to stay at and S had already signed the lease) and to stay at The Reserve. Z and S had been corresponding to each other through email and of course S is definitely not happy with Z for breaking the promise(which is made through email).

1)My friend Z is extremely afraid of being sued because she is unsure of the how the laws work in Missouri and I hope you guys can somehow clarify on this matter.

2)How much does it cost to actually void the lease if it not stated in the lease?

I really hope you guys can spare some thought on international students.

Thank you.

Christopher
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: