Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 12:39 PM

139 posts, read 530,319 times

Advertisements

From what I've seen, property taxes seem to vary quite a lot in Missouri. Does anyone know about what places have low taxes, and which are high, and to be avoided, if possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,977 times
Default Vary by county Prop. Taxes

Prop. taxes here are by county and yes they do vary widely. Jp around St. Louis I know that St. Louis County is VERY high. Franklin county is reasonable. We lived in the area several years ago and the difference was huge between the two.

In the area we are in now (Branson), the taxes are pretty reasonable for most of the counties down here. They seem to vary between .05 and .85 plus any city tax if your inside the city limits.

Check out the state website. They may have general info. by county.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Talking Taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
From what I've seen, property taxes seem to vary quite a lot in Missouri. Does anyone know about what places have low taxes, and which are high, and to be avoided, if possible?
In my area (and I'm a realtor in the Branson area) you will pay less taxes overall if you are not in the city limits and if you buy an older home. The assessments on newer homes are higher but still much more affordable than what I was paying in CA!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: