U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:24 PM

28 posts, read 38,220 times

Advertisements

Thankyou kshe95girl! Did you notice in the same paragraph the OP said how racist Arizona is? I live in Arizona and it's far from racist, and I was very offended by that. There is bigotry all over and it's of all varieties but to label a certain state racist just because of a few ignorant comments overheard is so lame and idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Soooooooooooo..............because I was born and raised in Missouri, moved away for 20 years, moved back to Missouri and live here now, I'm a racist? You dont even know any of us.
How ignorant is it to assume that every resident of Missouri is racist, based on something you "heard"?
I dont know where you are, but I would bet $ that the same could be said of whatever burb you are in.
Sheesh, what is up with people?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM

19,223 posts, read 16,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sheesh, what is up with people?
If they're of the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton school of thought, racism becomes a simple and convenient excuse for whatever they haven't achieved on their own in life!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM

23,443 posts, read 17,985,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If they're of the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton school of thought, racism becomes a simple and convenient excuse for whatever they haven't achieved on their own in life!
Very true.....reminds me of the Steve Martin movie......
The Jerk - Wikiquote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Vp9fQ616k

Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 PM

543 posts, read 425,865 times
The reason why MO gets called racist is because of it's status as a slave state and was admitted as the 12th Confederate state and had a star on the battle flag.

You don't see IL or KS or Oklahoma get called racist much.

Also the Klan like many other sister southern states had a lot of power in Missouri politics after state level reconstuction. Places like St. joseph and Springfield were politically dominated by them. I read somewhere the Klan even donated to have a hospital built I think it was in Springfield.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 PM

201 posts, read 248,492 times
No one's racist.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 PM

140 posts, read 140,933 times
Okay, call me weird or tell me to get a life, but after reading the OP's initial post in this thread, I went to see what else he (she?) had posted, and I found a post from August 4, 2010, in the CT forum ("Manchester Shootings" thread, which is now closed):

Quote:
You are so delusional, if only you knew how it feels to be a black man in America. "Everything is not always what it seems to be". I really do not like it when people of other ethnic backgrounds try to make it more simple than what it really is.
(emphasis mine)

So, it's okay for YOU to make blanket statements about the population of an entire state (of which there are many whom you have never met), but you don't like it when others do so to you? Pot, meet kettle...

Old 12-22-2010, 02:31 AM

5,088 posts, read 3,281,240 times
By the title and brief generalizations, one might think this thread was created just to stir things up. But lets not go there.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 AM

4,081 posts, read 2,286,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
If you changed the title to read America instead of Missouri you and I might have some agreement, but such bizarre generalizing is going to find you few friends here.

Most of the racism I have seen in my life, and this goes for both Missouri and elsewhere, is of the backyard BBQ variety, not overt racism as you are describing having been witness to here. If you have seen otherwise, I am sorry for your experience, but that having happened in Missouri and me being a Missourian certainly doesn't make me a racist.

Your rant is misdirected and I can only hope that having a place to vent online will help you to realize how much.

So you take offense at Missouri being painted as racist with a broad brush, but would have "some agreement" if the title were changed to America? That would only make it an even more bizarre, much broader brush and inappropriate generalization.

Your comment sees the OP's bet and raises it 10.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 AM

1,817 posts, read 3,797,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
By the title and brief generalizations, one might think this thread was created just to stir things up. But lets not go there.
It seems the op posts for exactly that reason.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 AM

140 posts, read 140,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
But, but, but...sometimes feeding the trolls is a fun way to pass the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri