Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times

Advertisements

Hey there, Lake Junkie! :--) Thanks for the kind words and for affirming what I wrote in my post! I was trying to go easy on the anti-growth folks who want our roads to get in such awful shape here that we would be forced to ride a rail system that doesn't take you where you need to go when you need to get there! You know, to get an idea of the utter knuckleheadness of the powers that be in California, check out this Orange County Register editorial Opinion: The ethanol fleet that wasn't | ethanol, state, percent - OCRegister.com that exposes how we frittered away over $17 million on flex-fuel cars designed to run on ethanol, and how they've been driven a combined 10 million miles using nothing but conventional gasoline. Brilliant. OC Register senior editorial writer Steven Greenhut writes upon this and other boondoggles in this column Opinion: The lure of other people's money | city, people, spending - OCRegister.com (http://www.ocregister.com/column/city-people-spending-1766546-council-grove - broken link).

Examples Missourians from Gov. Matt Blunt on down should use on how NOT to manage a state! And California's Attorney General Jerry Brown suing our auto manufacturers for contributing to global warming (which is most likely not caused by man)....what can I say? Our state government is very much like a foreign country unto itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 11,498 times
well I have to say my boyfriend and I have ventured to MO 2 times so far and have been around the Jefferson City area... along with Osage Co. and let me tell you... your backwoods roads are better than the road I live on hear in NY... my road now is still DIRT.. with MEGA pot/sink holes!! I give Missouri roads a 9 ... come on you have about 5 people on a 30 mile road... and you still don't have potholes and junk!
nice job MO... were sold!
~Tori~

Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15A2fwtnc View Post
I drove for a living all over so CA for about 27 years and I personally have no issues with the roads themselves.
Hey Jammer, Er I mean m15A whatever....
Bro, you musta been traveling in SoCAL, cause if you was in NorCal you'd know what I was talkin about....

Maybee SoCAl takes all the hiway $$$ just like they steal the water....

Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Hey Jammer, Er I mean m15A whatever....
Bro, you musta been traveling in SoCAL, cause if you was in NorCal you'd know what I was talkin about....

Maybee SoCAl takes all the hiway $$$ just like they steal the water....
Quote:
I drove for a living all over so CA for about 27 years and I personally have no issues with the roads themselves. Now the traffic, garbage and weeds on the sides of the roads are a whole different discussion. That right there is the glaring difference for me as far as CA vs MO highways. From what I have seen here in the great state of MO the roadways are kept up in fairly good fashion so no complains so far from this yeahoo!

Yep, I was only talking about the south end of that big ole state!! Man they should have cut CA in half years ago because it truly is two different ball games. The issues regarding water deliveries to the southern part of the state are going to become very contentious in the next five-ten years and it is gonna get fugly.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
Man they should have cut CA in half years ago because it truly is two different ball games. The issues regarding water deliveries to the southern part of the state are going to become very contentious in the next five-ten years and it is gonna get fugly.
The north would vote to seperate in a minute, however the south with all those people would never let us go.. If they did they would all die of thirst, cause first thing we'd do is stop the pumps....

Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
The north would vote to seperate in a minute, however the south with all those people would never let us go.. If they did they would all die of thirst, cause first thing we'd do is stop the pumps....
wouldn't blame ya'll one little ole bit

Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
I truly am intrigued to learn all this new stuff I never knew before about California's roads, but for the sake of relevancy can we stick to Missouri please? No hostility here...just trying to make sure the responses stay relevant to the topic and state at hand.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I truly am intrigued to learn all this new stuff I never knew before about California's roads, but for the sake of relevancy can we stick to Missouri please? No hostility here...just trying to make sure the responses stay relevant to the topic and state at hand.
yeah so anyway what does everyone think about the roads in say hmmmm Arizona on the way to MO??

point being ...lighten up kid and roll with it huh

Old 07-19-2007, 03:50 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Cool On the road again...

I think there's a lot of relevance to talking about the roads in other states...how else would we know "by comparison" whether Missouri has good or bad?
I've only driven long distance a few times...on the trip out from CA in the big U Haul...and I turned around & flew back to drive my lil sis's Ryder a coupla months later...and one automobile road trip (skip that if you can...) and then my wild move from Spfld to upstate NY...and back...through Ill, Ohio (horrible freeways when I was there) Pa & most of NY.
I was always glad to be back in MO...the minute you cross the border the roads were like heaven...

Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default Relevance of comparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I think there's a lot of relevance to talking about the roads in other states...how else would we know "by comparison" whether Missouri has good or bad?
I've only driven long distance a few times...on the trip out from CA in the big U Haul...and I turned around & flew back to drive my lil sis's Ryder a coupla months later...and one automobile road trip (skip that if you can...) and then my wild move from Spfld to upstate NY...and back...through Ill, Ohio (horrible freeways when I was there) Pa & most of NY.
I was always glad to be back in MO...the minute you cross the border the roads were like heaven...
This past month I had the 'pleasure' of driving in 12 states within 13 days. Mostly east and south. Missouri roads outside of the big cities, are for the most part, quite good. I liked Kentucky roads (highways) a lot. Beautiful state, by the way. I do wish that our fair state would find the funds to do away with all of the gravel roads as some states have done.

I really think our roads are pretty good overall. Just have to know ahead of time where you are going to stay away from the so-called back roads. Would like to see wider shoulders on major highways at least. And for heaven's sake would also appreciate big trucks having to use the far right lanes only, as some forward thinking states have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri