Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 AM

41 posts, read 109,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
My experience of Missouri has been quite the opposite.
Moved here from Sacramento...13 years ago.
I have made many wonderful friends here, and haven't seen anything more hateful that some of the nonsense back in CA.
Remember, everyone has their opinion. And you can find all kinds of crazy stuff on the internet!
I agreed, MO is not at all like CA! I grew up in SoCal near LAX and wouldn't go back if you paid me!! I think you need to take a week and spend some time in Farmington to see how you are received. I find that people are much nicer and will wave hello as we drive by even though they've never met us.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM

871 posts, read 1,976,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post

Hey maybe you can slide into the three spots we just left out there....back west!!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/smilies/bye.gif (broken link)

bentaxlecrew, you and your family are more than welcome to come on out and join some mighty fine folks hangin' out in the beautiful state 'O MO!!

(psssst BTW since I am half Hawaiian, in the summer time I get all dark tanned and stuff and I haven't had anybody look at me funny or give me a hard time. I'm thinkin' it might have a bit to do with one's ATTITUDE more than anything else )
Jammer, I hadnt been back to this thread for quite some time. I had missed a great response and just wanted to send a big fat hug your way.
I feel that other guy just does'nt want us here. Anyway, you answered a question for me that I was wondering about. If you had personnely felt un welcome here.

Honestly, for me personnely once I walk through my front door I could give a rats*** what anyone thinks about me.

Does anyone feel that law enforcement has its own agenda?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM

21 posts, read 63,743 times
I agree Missouri can be a bit judgemental. I used to live there and I for one like the True Southern states. In Missouri they can be clannish and rude and also the health care for childern is not very good. I am glad to be out of that state I was judged because of my heritage

Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM

4 posts, read 10,753 times
Default Hate State

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
My husband and I were looking to move to Farmington Missouri. Searching the web we found a site that called Mo the hate state. Numourous crimes against other races, bodies in the Ozarks and law enforcement didnt seem to be very helpful. My husband is Itallian and looks spanish. I would not want to move my family to a place were we would be outcasts. Also what about tornados and floods in Farmington? Im from southern Calif born and raised and we have our fair share of hate and disasters. I want to go some where I feel safe. please help.

ONLY IF ONE IS IN THE KKK

Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 PM

156 posts, read 149,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Rose View Post
I agree Missouri can be a bit judgemental. I used to live there and I for one like the True Southern states. In Missouri they can be clannish and rude and also the health care for childern is not very good. I am glad to be out of that state I was judged because of my heritage
I have never lived in a state that didn't have the judgemental people. The healthcare for children is fine, especially if one has insureance. Maybe people should think twice about having children if they are not able to provide for them properly themselves. Missouri is a wonderful state. In fact, I would say that any state in the country has many positive points along with the negative. I think any place one lives is what they, themselves, make it.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Health insurance was not a determining factor im my having children. I can provide for and love my children just fine. I do believe I have come to know enough wonderful people in Mo and I will have my family and my GOD. That's all I realy need.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,360,328 times
Default Isn't she cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Health insurance was not a determining factor im my having children. I can provide for and love my children just fine. I do believe I have come to know enough wonderful people in Mo and I will have my family and my GOD. That's all I realy need.
Bentaxle,
You're so sweet you aren't going to have any trouble. I love ya already!
You just bring that Italian hunk and those babies and your faith and COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM

430 posts, read 1,259,883 times
Wink Your Community

I live in Tucson, you all live somewhere else. Your going to find hate and racism no matter WHERE you reside. People lament about Tucson and it's hate for just about anyone! As I have said in the past, your neighborhood, your community is only as good as YOU make it. If you get involved and try to make it a better place it will be. If you spread God's love to your neighbors, treat people as you would like to be treated we'd all have better places to live. There is no room in life for hate.

People that won't reach out and make things better will not find Eden in the next town they move to...they will only find more of the same.

If our new town in Missouri shows signs of problems, we'll be the first ones in line to help them get better! You get out of life what you put into it!! Smile, life is to short to frown!

O.Nana

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,251 posts, read 8,620,040 times
Mizzery the Hate State???? I guess I'll fit right in, cause I hate everyone.. Well everyone but Mrs. G, Shadow Caver, BentAxle, Jammer, Lake Junkie, NorthBayEric, Indy, Mrs Chili, and a few others, but mostly I hate everyone else...........

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Mizzery the Hate State???? I guess I'll fit right in, cause I hate everyone.. Well everyone but Mrs. G, Shadow Caver, BentAxle, Jammer, Lake Junkie, NorthBayEric, Indy, Mrs Chili, and a few others, but mostly I hate everyone else...........
Oh stop! Quit trying to hide all that love you have in your big ol' heart! We love you Calibass man! Or is that just the budwieser talkin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri