Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Your OP could be construed as rude, and I'm sorry that you cannot see that.

For example, I wouldn't start a thread in the Oregon forum that started with "I'd like to move to Oregon, but I love nature and it would really bother me to live amongst a bunch of red flannel-wearing lumberjacks who chop down all the trees and destroy the wildlife. If I did, I would have to stand up against them. I hate to stereotype, but us East Coasters have a rather "narrow" view of the people of the Pacific Northwest as people who are mostly lumberjacks and owl killers. Is that wrong? Are there any pockets of places in Oregon where nature-loving people cluster?"
Portland, Bend, Corvalis, Astoria, coastie areas with high desirability and high real estate values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
Your OP could be construed as rude, and I'm sorry that you cannot see that. I hate to stereotype, but us East Coasters..."
Since when did Missouri become an East Coast State?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM

105 posts, read 298,179 times
[quote=Kelsterg3;17432315]
Can any one from MO give honest, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. That means non-verbally abusive... I think a little conflict resolution is in order. If this is too challenging, then keep your slanders, and scare tactics away.
quote]

Ok, constructive feedback. I grew up in Southern IL, right across the river from the Ozark foothills. I then moved to San Diego, CA and then Los Angeles, CA and stayed there for about 20 years. Just recentely I moved to South East KY which I would say is similar to the Ozarks in many ways. So first things first. Can you name some good things that have come out of diversity? Because I sure can't. That's why CA is dying, or why every single big city not the best place to live. I remember back when people use to assimilate...in CA! Back when people refered to themselves as just "Americans" and flew our flag and spoke our language. For me anyways, I moved away from CA because I'm sick of diversity and illegal aliens. Secondly, the Ozarks is the Ozarks for a reason. The families who have lived there for generations have made it the way it is because of who they are. If you're not going to assimilate to them, then don't move there and I think that can be said for alot of places. I'm sure you can find some place that is west coast liberal and has a cheaper cost of living. Have you considered Northern CA? Places like Humboldt county and Mendocino? What about some parts of Michigan or MN? Also, you could move outside of Little Rock, AR or Hot Springs, AR and enjoy some rural living but have those more liberal cities within a 15-20 min drive. Obviously we're complete opposites when it comes to political views and I think that'd be the same for almost anywhere in rural heartland America. If I were you, I'd give myself a 2 week vacation and drive the AR/MO border.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM

148 posts, read 403,855 times
Man, there's some strange conversations I never thought I'd see in the outstate MO/Ozarks room. I guess some people have more time to be obsessed with being a "Liberal" or "Conservative" than others.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAndBeer View Post
Man, there's some strange conversations I never thought I'd see in the outstate MO/Ozarks room. I guess some people have more time to be obsessed with being a "Liberal" or "Conservative" than others.
Well, since this appears to be your first post here, stick around awhile, read more and you'll get to know the dynamics.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Since when did Missouri become an East Coast State?
I'm from New Jersey, which I mentioned way back in my first post in this thread. No, MO is not an east coast state - Stockton Lake is now my closest "beach" I think.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:15 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
I'm from New Jersey, which I mentioned way back in my first post in this thread. No, MO is not an east coast state - Stockton Lake is now my closest "beach" I think.
Remember, Stockton is a reservoir

Old 01-20-2011, 01:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAndBeer View Post
What, are you operating under the assumption that most of us in the rural areas dont read, vote, watch TV or anything of that nature?

Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
No, I think that Coffee and Beer, not having spent a lot of time on this particular forum, was surprised by the nasty nature of many of the posters here. He's not alone in that.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
No, I think that Coffee and Beer, not having spent a lot of time on this particular forum, was surprised by the nasty nature of many of the posters here. He's not alone in that.
How about up front, no nonsense, straightforward not hampered by political correctness people who respond directly and honestly to a question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri