Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,455,228 times

Advertisements

Just returned from the weekend in Branson and thought I would give you a heads-up about 2 restaurants there. The Plantation and the Peppercorn both have good breakfast buffets for 4.99. I suspect they are owned by the same company as the set-up is pretty much the same inside. BUT BE WARNED! Each one has an in-house lounge lizard with a karaoke machine singing for tips. To be fair, they both had pretty good voices, but I am the kind of person who likes a little peace and quiet during meals so we can converse. Even overhead music and corner TVs bother me. And I felt a little guilty walking back and forth with plates of food in front of this guy singing his heart out. It just seemed rude. Also, there was no applause when he finished, as everyone was talking and eating. I suppose you should expect that if you are singing at a buffet, but I felt uncomfortable. Apparently, they are there for all meals. If you enjoy this kind of thing, the guy at the Plantation does old country hits and the Peppercorn was Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole with some Willie Nelson thrown in. I do hope this isn't a new trend in all the restaurants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,613,965 times
a little bit of sign language with the folks at your table and while at the buffet=no guilt when walking past the crooners I returned recently from hanging out with my son and daughter in law in TX and this happened to us in a Mexican restaurant. The guy walked up to our table and started wailing away...we started some basic signing (my mother was deaf) and just smiled at the guy. He gave a little wave and moved along. I too don't care for a bunch of racket when I'm chowin' down!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,326,116 times
lounge lizzard - omg I never heard them called this ........if you only knew what i thought you were talking about lol............. lot lizzards lol omg am rolling out of my chair laughing!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:29 PM

41 posts, read 109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
a little bit of sign language with the folks at your table and while at the buffet=no guilt when walking past the crooners I returned recently from hanging out with my son and daughter in law in TX and this happened to us in a Mexican restaurant. The guy walked up to our table and started wailing away...we started some basic signing (my mother was deaf) and just smiled at the guy. He gave a little wave and moved along. I too don't care for a bunch of racket when I'm chowin' down!
I love it! I'm going to have to tell hubby this strategy for the next time we're serenaded at a meal.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
lounge lizzard - omg I never heard them called this ........if you only knew what i thought you were talking about lol............. lot lizzards lol omg am rolling out of my chair laughing!
Oh, well, we have those around here too, I'm afraid. Check out Petro or Pilot truck stops on I-44 if you need proof.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,483,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I allways thought lounge lizards were in a bar and lot lizards were in the parking lot of truck stops. Just another word for a hooker

Old 08-01-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I allways thought lounge lizards were in a bar and lot lizards were in the parking lot of truck stops. Just another word for a hooker
Exactly! Except Branson doesn't have many bars, so they must be migrating to the buffets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: