U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 AM

622 posts, read 596,706 times
Talking The groundhog is a fraud

I would just like to go on record and say that Punxatawny Phil, the gopher, groundhog, whatever he is should stick to digging up worms and eating bugs because predicting the freaking weather is not his forte!!

Early spring my foot!!

Stay warm and enjoy your first full spring weekend Missouri!! Some of you are - or are - going to see more snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 AM

1,817 posts, read 3,667,776 times
Snow here overnight and more to come. *sigh*

Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 AM

18,958 posts, read 15,734,561 times
Just hail, rain, thunder and lightening here in SW MO. Also more to come.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:08 AM

9,577 posts, read 4,687,510 times
Northstar got 72" of snow yesterday, Interstate 80 been closed since noon on thursday, hell we even had 4 tornadoes this week......California weather.......

Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Status: "Lake time is deducted from your age...;)" (set 28 days ago)

1,801 posts, read 3,424,883 times
Cool Been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Northstar got 72" of snow yesterday, Interstate 80 been closed since noon on thursday, hell we even had 4 tornadoes this week......California weather.......
Trying to get out of "sunny" CA in January we got stuck in the traffic after they closed the I-5 grapevine due to blizzard conditions with 90 mph winds...4 hours of bumper to bumper freeway traffic to get from Bakersfield to Mojave. Ugh!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:37 AM

WOODCHUCK (GROUNDHOG) STEW

Might I suggest cooking him over an open fire - that way you can stay warm at the same time.

Respectable tornado there Cali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZvPYVlDbo

Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,037,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
WOODCHUCK (GROUNDHOG) STEW

Might I suggest cooking him over an open fire - that way you can stay warm at the same time. .....
^^^^^^
Nasty destructive rodents. I suspect if you saw one close up you wouldn't want to be cooking it up unless you were starving and had no other prospects. When I kill them I leave them where the vultures can find them.

The purple Martins have been back for a week or so. Spring is here, trees and bulbs are blooming. A little snow is no big deal unless we get back to single digit temps. I don't see that happening.

Translation: Groundhog is not a fraud but he still is a terrorist to building footings/foundations and will be shot on sight or trapped and destroyed.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM

9,577 posts, read 4,687,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
^^^^^^
Nasty destructive rodents.
: Groundhog is not a fraud but he still is a terrorist to building footings/foundations and will be shot on sight or .
What would the proper caliber be for dispatching such a terrorist?
Would a simple .22 longrifle be suitable, or should one up the power to say a .223 which is our military's round of choice for terrorists. I guess you could always just introuduce the Woody to a 12 guage too....hmmmm #4 or maybee BB, double 00, naw that would be messy..........

Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
What would the proper caliber be for dispatching such a terrorist?
Would a simple .22 longrifle be suitable, or should one up the power to say a .223 which is our military's round of choice for terrorists.
Obviously you haven't met too many Missouri ground hogs Cali. Come armed my friend.

http://m2.wnymedia.net/files/2011/02/groundhog.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 PM

2,124 posts, read 2,949,569 times
Smile Punxsutawney Phil Deserves Benefit of the Doubt

It is my considered opinion that each of us who have weighed in on this critical topic must give Punxsutawney Phil the benefit of the doubt once again in this instance. He has an absolutely unblemished record to date of forecasting late winter weather that should be the envy of the nation's most prestigious meteorologists.

After my deepest analysis, and even factoring in the fact that my own corner of the country, Left Coast Valley Center, California, Expert: Tornado hit Santa Rosa | PressDemocrat.com got hit by a small tornado in the middle of town earlier this month, I conclude that the President of the Groundhog Club Inner Circle misinterpreted the proclamation given to him by Punxsutawney Phil, leading him to read from the wrong scroll when he should have said that he DID see his shadow.

That can be the only possibility. Please be safe on the roads back there, and out here too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri