Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,534,216 times

Advertisements

Thank You everyone now it is 8 days for me. Wow I am very surprise to see that everyone didn't tip. I looked in MovingScam.com and people did tip their movers. One movers said they rely on their tips. I still don't know what to do. I will definitly buy them sandwiches and have gatorade and water for them.Since it is going to be hot here for the movers. Plenty of drinks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 AM

You all I just vacuumed my car so I don't bring any of the sand to Missouri Than I was thinking man I am going to miss the beach maybe I shouldn't clean up the sand in my car. but Don't worry I DID.....

Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM

354 posts, read 322,409 times
Just be damn sure you don't bring any of those HUUUUGE water type bugs that have pinchers that I used to see when I was in Myrtle Beach. In fact, don't bring any bugs at all, PLEEEEEEEASE!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 PM

41 posts, read 109,715 times
Default Tipping Movers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Hey I have another question? Do you tip your movers? I am having Wheaton World Wide Moving company moving. They will have the local mover here in town move the stuff in the truck and another local mover in Missouri move my stuff. How do I tip these guys and Do I tip the driver as well? Any suggestions? I am not made of money but I don't want to upset anyone.

Karey

Karey,
I've had 3 state-to-state moves and each time I provided cold drinks (water and gatorade) and lunch for the packers. The drivers also packed in my experience. Then at the end I tipped the driver and unloading crew $20 each in addition to the drinks and lunch. I also gave the packers items that they showed an interest in, like an old refrigerator that we were going to donate.

The most interesting thing I heard from a packing crew was that rich people don't tip and don't buy lunch. And that they understand that regular working people can't afford to tip $$$ and they really appreciate the drinks and lunches.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinseggblue View Post
Karey,
I've had 3 state-to-state moves and each time I provided cold drinks (water and gatorade) and lunch for the packers. The drivers also packed in my experience. Then at the end I tipped the driver and unloading crew $20 each in addition to the drinks and lunch. I also gave the packers items that they showed an interest in, like an old refrigerator that we were going to donate.

The most interesting thing I heard from a packing crew was that rich people don't tip and don't buy lunch. And that they understand that regular working people can't afford to tip $$$ and they really appreciate the drinks and lunches.
Great!!! Thank You for the tip!!! I am not rich people either. Just want to make it fair for the movers yah know. Well it is 6 days for me now.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 AM

17 posts, read 33,360 times
Karey, we are so happy for you. If Moberly is anything like Cabool you are going to love it. People are great here. We bought our movers snacks. They came with their lunches and their own drinks. We offered and they took the snacks. Have a safe trip and enjoy,
Kim

Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboolbound2 View Post
Karey, we are so happy for you. If Moberly is anything like Cabool you are going to love it. People are great here. We bought our movers snacks. They came with their lunches and their own drinks. We offered and they took the snacks. Have a safe trip and enjoy,
Kim
Thanks Kim.... Welcome back on the threads..... Now I am leaving and hoping to come back and chat soon too.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:12 PM

354 posts, read 322,409 times
Hey Karey, hubby says that once we are back in MO and settled in to our apartment that we could take a nice drive up to Moberly and I could teach you how to make the bread that you wanted. It has been a long time since we have been in Moberly.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Hey Karey, hubby says that once we are back in MO and settled in to our apartment that we could take a nice drive up to Moberly and I could teach you how to make the bread that you wanted. It has been a long time since we have been in Moberly.
Yay..... You sure made me happy and I am willing to travel your way too. Especially for dah bread.....

Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,526,587 times
Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Moberly. Take your time and look around at the beautiful scenery. Maybe pack a lunch and find a rest stop or two and relax. You'll get there! Wish you well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: