Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

871 posts, read 1,975,759 times

Advertisements

Is there work in Willow Springs? How nice of an area is it? How are the schools compared to Farmington? Thanks Mo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 10,454 times
Default Work in Willow Springs...

There is not much work in Willow Springs, you would have to drive 18 to 20 miles to find work. If you are ready to retire or have this would be a good town. If you are young and have kid(s) it really is quite boring! Summer the water park is open. As for entertainment... there isn't any, not even a skate park!!! The city wants this to be a retirement town with little or no growth at all. I don't know about the schools in Farmington, but here the school is really good! Hope I helped in your decision.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM

938 posts, read 3,491,221 times
I grew up in Willow Springs and left about 5 years ago. In a lot of ways it is a really good place to live, and in some ways it is definitely not. The surrounding area itself is absolutley beautiful, and if you are into outdoor stuff, Willow Springs is a wonderful place to live. Within 10 minutes of downtown you can be in the Mark Twain National forest. Within half an hour you can be canoeing on the Jack's Fork or North Fork rivers. Other rivers (Eleven Point, Current) are within an hour or so. Lots of good fishing and deer hunting, and Norfork and Bull Shoals lakes aren't too far away either.

The schools are really quite good, and if you have children who want to learn there is plenty opportunity to do so. However, there are far too many kids in the district who are not there to learn, and only there to make disruptions and trouble. Bottom line on the schools is that if you want a good education there you can get it, but not everyone in school there wants to learn. I had no problem getting through college in engineering, and did just as well as students from suburban high schools in STL and KC.

There are few good jobs in Willow Springs. Basically the best jobs you can get in the area are usually either in education (teachers, administrators) or in healthcare. Other than that, there are few decent paying jobs. West Plains, 20 miles away, has a few more.

The people are very friendly but somewhat clickish. It is a small town so gossip is common.

The bottom line in Willow Springs, in my opinion, is that if you want to live in a rural area, off the beaten path, with pristine streams and peace and quiet, than it is for you, if you can find a job. If you aren't in to those type of things, then you probably won't like Willow. I'm glad I grew up there and love going home to visit, but now that I'm in my mid-20's it has little to offer me. However I do find myself missing the Ozarks fairly often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri