Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,526,587 times

Advertisements

Wednesday in MidMo--112 degrees while on the hwy. in Columbia MO. 111 at my home, at 4 p.m.

Right now it is 108 degrees. Hummingbirds at feeders in full force. Other winged wonders loved the H2O this afternoon while in my beautiful bird bathing bushes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 07:02 PM

871 posts, read 1,976,285 times
Did you all hear what happened her in Cali? A park playground when up in flames. Something to do with the summer heat and the bark. It just spontaenoulsy combusted. I think I spelled that right. Any way there were no children playing at the time so no one was hurt. Thank you Lord.
I hve never heard that one before. They were just one big kindling box.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Wednesday in MidMo--112 degrees while on the hwy. in Columbia MO. 111 at my home, at 4 p.m.

Right now it is 108 degrees. Hummingbirds at feeders in full force. Other winged wonders loved the H2O this afternoon while in my beautiful bird bathing bushes.
Now thats hot! How humid is it?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Put it this way: Steam, not exhaled breathes, was escaping my body.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Playing with fire????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Did you all hear what happened her in Cali? A park playground when up in flames. Something to do with the summer heat and the bark. It just spontaenoulsy combusted. I think I spelled that right. Any way there were no children playing at the time so no one was hurt. Thank you Lord.
Really!!! We saw that on TV and could hardly believe it. So fortunate that no children were playing there at that time. Hey, yur spilln cluse enof. we nowd jest what yas bee meanin. Hey, now, just be ateasing.

Newscaster said it was moisture in the compost and the heat. Wow. You are right, Thank you Lord no one injured nor hurt.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 PM

430 posts, read 1,259,883 times
Same thing happens when you bring wet hay or straw into the barn! Darn stuff would actually start to smolder on the inside of the bale and just ignite...saw a few barns go up in flames in my younger days!! Glad no children were hurt....thank God for that!

O.Nana

Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Really!!! We saw that on TV and could hardly believe it. So fortunate that no children were playing there at that time. Hey, yur spilln cluse enof. we nowd jest what yas bee meanin. Hey, now, just be ateasing.

Newscaster said it was moisture in the compost and the heat. Wow. You are right, Thank you Lord no one injured nor hurt.
I just luv yer responses. Makes me laff, sher nuff.
thanx fer the points N.V. As we say here in CAli. Your one awesome dudette.
Hang loose!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,639,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Nooo! I didn't hear that! What town is the park in? I have lots of family still out there and am just curious. I talked to my mother last night but she didn't mention it! Since it was so hot out there, I can understand why there were no children playing...but I gotta figure God played a part in it, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
103 today here in Tucson (but it's a dry heat right)!! NNNNOOOOOTTT !! Our monsoons continue to light up the sky like the 4th of July over Lake of the Ozarks! Nature at her finest.....I do feel for you guys there in MO that are not use to this heat (but believe me, you never REALLY get use to it).

I will think cool thoughts for all of you....try to turn down that temperature a bit for us will you, we'll be out on the 25th!!

Please drink lots of water (remember, if you wait until your thirsty it's already to late)....stay indoors if you can and watch out for your elderly neighbors if you have any. They don't take kindly to the heat and don't like to turn the A/C on because of the high electric bills....stay safe!

O.Nana
Awww, OzarkNana! You're so sweet! Lookin' out for your neighbors and "fellow man"! You GO, girl! You fit right in with our little forum family!!! By the way, did you hear that we're supposed to be down to 88 degrees on Sunday? Whoohoo!!! Let's hope they're right! It looks to be a glorious weekend! Don't be surprised if the forum is slow because so many people have gotten out of their air-conditioned houses and out into the world!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:40 PM

430 posts, read 1,259,883 times
Talking 88 Degrees...wwwoooohhhoooo!!

Wow, it doesn't get down to 88 at NIGHT here lately! I'm surely looking forward to a "cold snap" here in Tucson....hoping you all stay on the low end of "hot" while we're there! Lots of yard work to do....

Old 08-19-2007, 01:59 PM

26,375 posts, read 46,238,636 times
The low temperature has not been below 70F in a long time in my area. The leaves are falling off some of the Sycamore trees because of the heat and dry conditions. Their is a chance of scattered showers in areas of western Missouri and eastern Kansas today. Highs look very hot again with more 90s coming with a possible front next weekend. The Midwest is much cooler compared with the Plains recently. The low temperatures were in the 30s in some areas of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota a few days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri