Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 PM

871 posts, read 1,984,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
OK explain this to me someone???? cars driving in circles over and over ........... why? what is so great about it? ...... more time to drink? less time to see rubber fly?

Now a track with one way straight down - thats racing! (beer tents help too)
I agree with L.J. At first I had no interest in the sport. Once I married my dh and we bagan watching the race every weekend together I became more and more hooked. Learning who the drivers were and seeing how bad they wanted certain positions to attain a certain amount of points. My brothers and I would call each other back and forth to make fun of each others chosen driver which was always a blast in itself.
Then sitting at the Fontana speedway near turn 4 where all the action seems to happen. Its awesome!! So much family fun. Especially when Jr. and Gordon are side be side at the checkered flag. BOOGITY! BOOGITY! BOOGITY!

We just had an earthquake today! A 4. er in Lake Elsinor. More Cali fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 03:29 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Oh, now you all went and done it.. A racing thread........ You see Bassman is also known as #3f crew.... My other passion is racing... I crew a USAC Sprint Car team... We have had Tony Stewart drive at Altamont Speedway ( he won) Last year at Turkey Night in Irwindale, Casey Mears drove.... He a really nice guy.. down to earth... stayed after the races to sign autographs for all the fans until the last fan left....If you have never seen Sprint Cars go check it out.. We race on asphalt now but we use to race on dirt and there is nothing more exciting than a sprint car race on dirt.....
Here's some pics...
Dirt Sprint Car...

USAC Champion Tony Hunt, BassMan, and Casey Mears

Casey getting ready to go in the 3f sprintcar

Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Wink BassMan...or RaceMan...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
We race on asphalt now but we use to race on dirt and there is nothing more exciting than a sprint car race on dirt.....
Here's some pics...
Dirt Sprint Car...

USAC Champion Tony Hunt, BassMan, and Casey Mears
BassMan...that's awesome! And you're right...nothing more exciting than those sprint cars on dirt!
You rock, my friend! You're going to love being here...Missouri is grass roots racing...you should see what Lucas Oil has done to the little dirt track up at Wheatland!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
IMy brothers and I would call each other back and forth to make fun of each others chosen driver which was always a blast in itself.
BOOGITY! BOOGITY! BOOGITY!
I know what you mean my kids and I all have different
drivers and are always calling each other up when the
race is going on. I miss the "CRANK IT UP" when it's
broadcast on ESPN !!!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
I know what you mean my kids and I all have different
drivers and are always calling each other up when the
race is going on.
I know...I text my daughter when Casey Kahne is doing well...she thinks he's a hottie...

Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Default My daughter

Got your PM L J. She's doing okay still hurting really bad and now having problems with her back. Thanks for asking.....

Old 09-02-2007, 05:05 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
I have been into racing since the 50's Ok I'm olderish. Anyway, my Dad's cousin used to race. We had a boat with an oldsmobile inboard we use to race at Marine Stadium and Lake arrowhead, roundy, roundy races and raced a skier. My daughter was conceived at the Bakersfield March Meet, NHRA style, Dirt track spint cars in Placerville, traveled to drag races when we lived in San Leandro, and now Nascar.

Never been to a Nascar race and I live an hour or so from Charlotte. Live close to Martinsville and Bristol wouldn't be a bad drive either. Have to do that someday. Ok the countdown is on now. Go Tony or Junior, or Casey, or anyone but Jeff!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:22 PM

871 posts, read 1,984,548 times
THATS IT! WE'LL SEE WHATS UP AFTER THE RACE TODAY!

IF JEFF WINS YOU ALL OWE ME A COLD ONE WHEN I GET TO MO!!!

Except for Calibassman who can let me race in his sprint car

Old 09-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Okay you got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Jimmie's gonna win .....so you will owe me a cold one

Old 09-02-2007, 06:02 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Talking On mark, get set,,, GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
OOh ooh oooh! Permission to hijack? Its Nascar weekend here in Fontana. I missed racefest wich they held in Riverside this year. Soo rediculous!!
My brother calls me on his cell phone and all I can make out is the words racefest and Dale Earnhardt jr. The rest a bunch of screaming. Needless to say he had a good time. My all time favriot driver is Jeff Gordon. Stop booing he's doing great this year
Just wondered if there were any other Nascar fans out there. Who's your driver? Any Dave Blaney fans
How dare you!!!

There shall be NO, NADA hijacking of a hijacking thread!!!

What in hades are you thinking of?!?!

And now, look what you have unleashed!!!

Multiple others now yacking about their affinity for racing, w/in various forms...

Sheeeeeeeessssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri