Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times

Advertisements

I go to other forums other states etc.......and I never feel the welcome feeling I feel on this board!!

Missouri ppl are friendly .. I tell ya .. if you were born somewhere else and went to Mo..then it was ment to be your too friendly for the other states!!

Things just click here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/smilies/agree.gif (broken link) 100% 2b!!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:37 AM

871 posts, read 1,984,548 times
My neighbor is from Farmington and he actually told me he didnt believe I was a native Californian. He said " you'd fit right in back ther" I wondered what he meant by that for a long time. Finally his wife told me "your a friendly person, you wave and talk to everyone". Now I see.

My husband gets so upset. " WILL YOU STOP SMILING AND WAVING TO PEOPLE THERE GOING TO THINK YOU LIKE THEM!.":EEK:"

What a catastophe that would be! He's means well. You do have to watch yourself around people out here. You might get a stalker at your heels.

Anyway, I think they should change there state motto to " the open arms state" because thats the way they make a lot of us outsiders feel. Thats how they make me feel in this forum anyway. God bless em all.

Last edited by bentaxlecrew; 08-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: My smiley didnt appear and I misspelled a word :)

Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Wink She's friendly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
My neighbor is from Farmington and he actually told me he didnt believe I was a native Californian. He said " you'd fit right in back ther" I wondered what he meant by that for a long time. Finally his wife told me "your a friendly person, you wave and talk to everyone". Now I see.

My husband gets so upset. " WILL YOU STOP SMILING AND WAVING TO PEOPLE THERE GOING TO THINK YOU LIKE THEM!.":EEK:"

What a catastophe that would be! He's means well. You do have to watch yourself around people out here. You might get a stalker at your heels.

Anyway, I think they should change there state motto to " the open arms state" because thats the way they make a lot of us outsiders feel. Thats how they make me feel in this forum anyway. God bless em all.
Good Thoughts!

I am naturally friendly too, and it has gotten me into a couple of stalker situations. People take you wrong. And I don't think that's an "around here" thing...I think that's the way the world has gone.

California used to be just like here. Friendly, safe, wonderful.
It's changed.
I never thought I would leave.

And I've found different groups all over this state...mean groups and nice groups and artsy groups and simple folks. I think there's something kinda special happening on this forum...I've been on several others, too.

I'd like to have some kind of annual reunion of the Missouri forum...not sure where or when or how, but is there something...like the State Fair...that we could all meet up for?

Just thinkin.
Have a good afternoon...

Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Funny, before we actually moved here we used to drive to visit my hubbys folks almost every weekend or so. And on the way back to the BIG city, we would pass many a home near the road with the folks sitting on their porch. They would wave to us, in our Chevy truck. My Hubby would look at me and say 'Wave Back, now!' I'd just look at him and say 'But I don't know them!'

He again would say, wave anyway. So by the time I got my arm up in the air we would already be a mile down the highway.

I's ask him, 'Why should I wave to someone I don't know?' As always, my friendly, smiley, and happy sidekick would just say, 'Someday you might really meet them and it doesn't hurt to be friendly. That's all they were being'. So now, when I'm driving along, the poor out of staters get this 'in fashion' two finger wave off of the steering wheel. Wonder WHAT they think about that?

So, yes this is different here in my rural area than in the city that I call birthplace. Now don't get me wrong, we were friendly there, but in a different way. We knew just about everybody on our block and a few blocks 'over'. And on our long walks to school (no busses then and through rain, sleet snow, storms, Oh sorry). we knew the neighbors there also.

Friendly place we have here. Took me awhile, but I learned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri