U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 AM

15 posts, read 21,020 times

Advertisements

Blue Springs? Lees Summit? or somewhere else? we are looking in the range of 250k single family home.. Looked at SAB HOMES online and they have very nice new construction. Schools will make the final choice for us since we have two 6 year old girls, and 8 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. 2 of my kids are autistic are the schools good for special needs children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM

370 posts, read 410,943 times
Blue Springs or Lees Summit are each suburban Kansas City. Are you looking to the Kansas City area of Missouri specifically? If so, you may want to post in the KC thread. I am not that familiar with either, but hear the Lees Summit is a very nice place.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM

5,933 posts, read 14,959,354 times
I don't have kids so I can't recommend any place based on school district. But, I relocated out here 4 years ago from NJ and love it. Prepare yourself for a slower pace (not terribly slow, but it's slower and that's a good thing), and a lot of friendly people.

When I first came out here I stayed in the KC area and I liked it. Lee's Summit felt familiar to me, it is not too dissimilar from many NJ suburbs. Ditto for Parkville, and if I recall correctly, I thought Parkville was supposed to have some really good schools. I would recommend checking into both towns. I do not believe (and again, I could be wrong) that the KC schools are very good and I believe a year or two ago some were in jeopardy of losing accreditation. So if you were looking specifically into KC, I would be cautious.

Let me know if I can offer any advice about relocating here.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 PM

15,407 posts, read 21,504,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casakny View Post
Blue Springs? Lees Summit? or somewhere else? we are looking in the range of 250k single family home.. Looked at SAB HOMES online and they have very nice new construction. Schools will make the final choice for us since we have two 6 year old girls, and 8 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. 2 of my kids are autistic are the schools good for special needs children?
Look at the suburbs of St. Louis. It has MUCH MORE of an eastern feel that you will find quite familiar. KC might be too much of a culture shock compared to NYC. Look at Clyaton, University City, Ladue, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, etc.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:09 PM

15,407 posts, read 21,504,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I don't have kids so I can't recommend any place based on school district. But, I relocated out here 4 years ago from NJ and love it. Prepare yourself for a slower pace (not terribly slow, but it's slower and that's a good thing), and a lot of friendly people.

When I first came out here I stayed in the KC area and I liked it. Lee's Summit felt familiar to me, it is not too dissimilar from many NJ suburbs. Ditto for Parkville, and if I recall correctly, I thought Parkville was supposed to have some really good schools. I would recommend checking into both towns. I do not believe (and again, I could be wrong) that the KC schools are very good and I believe a year or two ago some were in jeopardy of losing accreditation. So if you were looking specifically into KC, I would be cautious.

Yes, but rural MO has very few jobs and wages (for the most part) that are crazy low.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 PM

543 posts, read 426,826 times
You would fit in better in places like Hayti, Sikeston, West Plains, Joplin, or Senath.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 PM

23,443 posts, read 18,018,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post
You would fit in better in places like Hayti, Sikeston, West Plains, Joplin, or Senath.
Is that supposed to be a joke?
It aint funny.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM

15 posts, read 21,020 times
Default Lees summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post

Thanks for helping. I heard that Lees summit/blue springs have awesome schools. There are so many subdivision with awesome homes such as eagle creek etc. SAB homes seems to make nice homes for new construction. Can you please tell me which subdivision you are in? Also how is car insurance/electric/gas bills compared to NJ? I pay $235 electric $85 gas? $150 a month for 2 cars one is just liability. Thanks

Old 07-08-2011, 02:09 AM

543 posts, read 426,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Is that supposed to be a joke?
It aint funny.
Yea. In those southern cities they would call him a yankee quickly with the NY accent.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 AM

23,443 posts, read 18,018,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post
Yea. In those southern cities they would call him a yankee quickly with the NY accent.
They're villages, not cities.
-shakes head in despair-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri