U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 AM

430 posts, read 847,006 times
StJF, Heading to church, I have you guys on my mind...will say a few extra for you this morning!! Keep the faith!

O.Nana
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,433,207 times
Default Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
LJ, please don't be mad at SJF.
Oh, dear Eric...I wasn't mad! I'm so sorry that you all seemed to take it that way. I had just dragged myself in from another long hot 6-day work week (I try very hard not to work Sundays but sometimes if your client's "ox is in a ditch"...you know.) And I hesitated before posting...but I thought the forum was a place where every voice could be heard.

I'm thrilled for StJoeFanatic and have been one of the cheerleaders behind the scenes! I've sold houses FSBO and bought houses FSBO...prior to getting my license 3 years ago. I'm just realizing how many perils and pitfalls I meandered by in my rose colored glasses! I also know there are some weasels in the bunch that have caused folk to fear the dreaded real estate professional.

It wasn't mad. It was feeling like you're at a party and everybody's having a great time and you suddenly realize you weren't invited and aren't wanted. Sorry to wear my heart on my sleeve.

I'm so sorry to dampen the enthusiasm...I really really hope this works out for them and that you do wonders for St. Joe! It's a terrific place. And you are all terrific people. Go back to the party, please.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 AM

790 posts, read 1,261,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
LJ, please don't be mad at SJF..........
Er....um.....did I miss something?

Puzzled,
Boof

Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Hey Jams, good idea.....will this do for now???

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-13071.png (broken link)

Or how 'bout this one?

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-13073.png (broken link)

Then again, there's always this one.....

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-13082.png (broken link)

LJ, Voyager...these are for you!!!

Just spreadin' a little more love,
Boof

Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,478,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post

Or how 'bout this one?

Boof
HAH!! That is awesome Boof!!

And to our hard workin' kick butt real estate pro down in the lovely and exciting Branson area a big ole mornin' to yaz!!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,819,204 times
Default Now that puts a smile on my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post

Or how 'bout this one?

Boof
Boof, you have really made MY day. This past real estate week has been not one of the best. Buyer doesn't show up from out of town, had confirmed appt. Yet no call, This caused trickle down effect. Bad work week

Maybe I should start a new thread for occupations in Missouri and the ramifications of such?????? What do you think, Lake junkie? Good idea or not?

Again, thanks Boof, those are pretty good. You be the best and so

Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,433,207 times
Thumbs up Yep. Timely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Boof, you have really made MY day. This past real estate week has been not one of the best. Buyer doesn't show up from out of town, had confirmed appt. Yet no call, This caused trickle down effect. Bad work week

Maybe I should start a new thread for occupations in Missouri and the ramifications of such?????? What do you think, Lake junkie? Good idea or not?

Yep...I think we've hijacked this thread LOOOONNNGGG enough!
I was actually thinking of one...that would start with a poll.
But let's see yours first!
(You show me yours...)

Old 08-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post

Awwww (((((((Voyager))))))),

Twern't nuttin' darlin'.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Yep...I think we've hijacked this thread LOOOONNNGGG enough!
I was actually thinking of one...that would start with a poll.
But let's see yours first!
(You show me yours...)

LJ, you're right. Back to the mission at hand....our 'Mission From God'!!!

This has all still got me anxious as heck to find out what the buyers say....Darn I wish they didn't have to look at other houses. But, everyone needs to know that it's the right decision. 'Sides, if they are happy about it, then things should go smoother. And that's exactly what we want for SJF and her hubby.

We're still rootin' for ya SJF!!!!!

Still Prayin',
Boof

Old 08-19-2007, 06:15 PM

2,124 posts, read 2,956,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Oh, dear Eric...I wasn't mad! I'm so sorry that you all seemed to take it that way. I had just dragged myself in from another long hot 6-day work week (I try very hard not to work Sundays but sometimes if your client's "ox is in a ditch"...you know.) And I hesitated before posting...but I thought the forum was a place where every voice could be heard.
I'm thrilled for StJoeFanatic and have been one of the cheerleaders behind the scenes! I've sold houses FSBO and bought houses FSBO...prior to getting my license 3 years ago. I'm just realizing how many perils and pitfalls I meandered by in my rose colored glasses! I also know there are some weasels in the bunch that have caused folk to fear the dreaded real estate professional.
I was just concerned that SJF in her excitement over the zeal of the potential buyers, inadvertently hit a sensitive spot. You've had some pretty brutal weather this past week too, and we in California are such weather wimps. We make a big to-do whenever there's a little thunderstorm (nearly all of the rain we get is just rain--no lightning or thunder hardly ever) or if it gets below 30 degrees at night or over 95 during the day (our humidity is always very low when it gets hot, so never that bad a heat index).

Weasels in the real estate profession--it's the same thing with those of us in the library profession, believe me! There are some who really make those who have not visited a library in some time recoil in horror, and then there are those of us who really try to put our patrons at ease and make their visit as enjoyable an experience as possible. And then there are a few patrons who want to use the library as a big rumpus room or worse!

The sale of SJF's home just means a great deal to me. If I were moving sooner and didn't have a lot of credit card debt to retire once our own house here sells, I would have grabbed for it in a hummingbird's heartbeat. But someone else is meant to buy it--someone with a larger family or who could use the extra space for an office or whatever.

We can all continue to lift each other up! All of us for LJ, NV and other dedicated real estate agents when the chips are down, and all of us behind St. Joe's own ambassador extraordinaire, StJoeFanatic! My heartfelt and undying thanks to all of you again for your prayers and support for her. The potential buyers might still be over at her place as I write this, I'm thinking. If so, we've got the champagne and fireworks at the ready! And the prayers of thanksgiving, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri